1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Barnes talks smack to James Harden's mom?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, May 7, 2015.

1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

If this doesn't make Harden **** on the clippers in game 3 I don't know what will

2. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I ---> he

3. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I'll put some money in for an edible arrangement to Barnes if this lights a fire under Harden and the rest of the Rockets.

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

He was obviously joking.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Harden would be pissed then. It was Panda Friend that did this to him:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

Emo Harden bout to go off...

[​IMG]

7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

For real though. He stepped up his intensity in the 4th but I want an angry pissed off Harden like we saw in Game 3 against the Mavs or last year against the Pacers when Super Saiyan was activated. I don't think I have ever seen him as intense as he was against the Pacers in a fairly meaningless regular season game last year on National TV. Please please have that Harden show up for Game 3 in LA.

8. frontline94

frontline94 Member

first picture was straight af, excellent post

9. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Reggie praising "the play after the play" last night was stupid. A hard foul is a hard foul but there is no need to be throwing people to the ground.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I can appreciate the respect your elders argument. On the flipside, ladies her age have heard it all and seen it all. It's not like she's going to be scandalized or something by what some young guy says to her. He should be more respectful, but I'm sure she can take it.

11. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

One part of me says do whatever it takes to win and getting under Harden's skin is a good tactic.

The other part of me thinks that tactic is straight up disgraceful. I can't think of a player I dislike more than Matt Barnes. One of the few players I think is actually pretty decent but I would not want on the Rockets for any price. Opposite of a Patrick Beverley where everyone hates him except for Rockets fans.

12. rockets13champs

u can argue that that elbow changed hardens career

13. reliableman

reliableman Member

Been saying we need to send Dorsey in to take one of them out. Might as well be Barnes.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Lynch mob should cool its jets. It was very likely that Barnes was provoked. Barnes has no reason to say that to any fan in the crowd unless he's provoked. If you're gonna talk trash, expect to get some back.

We've only heard one side of the story. I doubt we'll hear Barnes's. It's a no-win situation for him, and best to let the story die instead of opening up and adding fuel to the story.

15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Barnes typical shenanigans aside, you can kind of tell that there is some dislike on the court between these two teams. There's been quite a lot of talk in between the whistles. Brewer and Griffin have clearly been giving each other extra elbows. Barnes vs. everyone lol....Harden's been yappin at Reddick on the court, Doc and CP on the bench. Seems like the only two guys keeping it about competition are Dwight and Deandre. The 2 guys thoroughly dominating on their teams through 2 games.

Personally, I don't think the Clippers have much else to bank on. Try to game within the game, get someone kicked out and make it easier. Griffin isn't going to score 60 a night. Not with all the foul calls in the world. Chris Paul is a better shooter and has more familiarity with the offense/players and such but I don't understand the Austin Rivers hate. That young man is doing work. Bringing CP3 back with a busted wheel might be in the Rockets' favor. Riding adrenaline and already sweaty he finished out a half..... 5 days after pulling a hammy you're gonna run and jump on a professional athletic level? Nah.

1 person likes this.
  16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Yeah, they probably won't do a damn thing. I'd be way more shocked if they did.

Barnes is going to get himself tossed from a game at some point in this series. If Harden comes out on fire from the beginning of game 3, Barnes will start his crap and will not finish the game.

I wouldn't be against Dorsey getting a minute and an intentional hard foul or 2...just to remind that fugly tatted moron that it will not go on unchecked.

17. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Last year everyone said LMA wasn't going to drop 40 per game. :(

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He didn't drop 40 per game.

He had 2 huge 40 point games and then cooled off considerably (and the Rockets began winning games

I'd take that kind of dropoff from Blake.

19. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

So Joey C threatens to kick a fan sitting first row out for talking to much to the players, but doesn't think its appropriate to respond when the reciprocal happens?

[​IMG]

20. Omar Sneed

Omar Sneed Member

Gold.