1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 12, 2013.

1. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I rewatched that action sequence, it was that good, and no, doesn't look like a stunt double at all. Her face is shown in a couple of shot and it looks like Chloe Bennett.

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When Skye made that "Sonic the Hedgehog" dig at Raina, I LOL'd.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think the introduction of Inhumans has been sufficient enough. The action sequence seemed like the hallway scene in that Daredevil episode. Really well done.

I'm not sure they really needed to mention AoU. CA:WS I could understand, because the first one was probably the weakest Marvel movie, in which people might not be so keen to see a weak movie's sequel. Age of Ultron doesn't really need a draw like CA might have needed.

But I agree - the reference to Sokovia was really weak and rushed. And Raina suddenly has visions now? Did she have this power before? I think I missed something.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Lincoln figured out precognition was her power a few episodes back, so it's not new. The tie in did feel weird, but Raina had a vision of Ultrons soldiers (I think), so there still may be more Avengers tie ins.

Skyes action sequence was very cool, that's the second great fight they've had her involved in this season.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Me too, that was pretty epic.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Raina had a vision of Skye having dinner with Cal and Jiaying, which she confided to Lincoln. When Lincoln walked in to serve them, he realized Raina's power was precognition.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Gotcha, thanks for reminding me, guys.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Finished up to the current episodes, I'm still on the ok boat. Solid enough to keep me watching but still not terribly invested in any of the character, like somebody mentioned, they are pretty flat in terms of depth.

Either way, I'll be interested to see where they go post Ultron...

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What were her exact words?

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Somebody told Skye that Raina's gift was to see the future, and Skye responded that she though her gift was "spinning really fast to collect gold rings"

Raina was standing right next to her. It got a laugh out of me, that was a good burn.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Loved last night's episode, set themselves up for a pretty epic finale. I actually liked the AoU tie in. It worked within the shows narrative, without the show having to depend on it. With the Inhumans fully introduced (and named) the show can stand on it's own feet.

I also like Skye's mom going full Magneto there at the end, didn't see that coming.

12. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

A 2 houres season final.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C5nVCgPdDIM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lookes great!

13. GRENDEL

Yeah didn't see that coming either, it's just a shame because I was hoping he'd be a regular on the series since its lacking for some good actors....

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Oh wow, the season finale is 2 hours? That's good. With a war between SHIELD and Inhumans, it needed more than just that declaration last episode.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

So do we know if the Inhumans in AoS are ruled by the Ruling Family or are they a set of rogues?

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I'm a little pissed I can't watch new episodes without seeing Avengers and I have not had time for movies.

17. GRENDEL

Honestly the crossover isn't nearly as impactful as last year, this year it more a reminder that they are all in the same world.

1 person likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cool. I missed that. I heard Raina or the actor Ruth Nega will be featured in the Warcraft movie.

I could see her being a nasty orc. ;)

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I really thought Raina did disguise herself as JiaYing and they did a hologram of Raina, well I was wrong.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Season finale