1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 5/4/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2015.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Clippers frontcourt way too athletic for this to work for an entire series. We need a more permanent answer to dismantling this Clipper team and I just don't know what it is other than Harden and Howard just doing their thing.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Josh in triple threat stance creates havoc on offense. Josh drives, Harden open, Dwight lurking, brew Cutting. Harden gets ball nobody moves.

3. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

It cannot be said enough how much of an advantage we have by getting a spent LA team off 1 day of rest from a 7 game grind. Game 1 is must win even moreso than usual for that fact. This is the 1 game where you have a huge advantage, not to mention a gimpy Paul. If you want to tell me that a strained hamstring is no big deal go ahead, but you're so very wrong. Hamstring injuries linger.

4. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

ESPN sucking Curry's dick on SC just now. I need a shower.

5. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Why are the Rockets being treated as the underdog in this series? The head to head result is 2-2 but we had Black, Canaan and Dorsey as starters for the first 2 games!!!

Game 1, Lost, Rocket starters: D-Mo, Tarik Black, Ariza, Canaan and Harden, with Dorsey and Garcia playing extended minutes. Clippers: full team.
    Game 2, Lost, Rocket starters: D-Mo, Dorsey, Ariza, Berverley and Harden. Smith and Brewer just joined. Clippers, missing Griffin.
    Game 3, Won, Rockets starters: D-Mo, T Jones, Ariza, Terry and Harden with Josh Smith, Brewer and Pablo. clippers missing Griffin.
    Game 4, Won, Rockets starters: D-Mo, T Jones, Ariza, Berverley and Harden, with Josh Smith, Brewer and Pablo. Clippers: full starters. missing Crawford.

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

When I did my hamstring during a game - I was decommissioned for nearly 2 months - granted that was a bad tear though.

But even for a long time after that, the slightest thing the hamstring didn't like it let me know about. There was a constant thought in the back of my mind that one wrong move is going to make this tear again.

I guess it all depends on the severity of CP3's injury and just how much he's hamming it up.

I'd be trying my damnedest to get him switched on to Harden defensively as much as possible, and let Harden shake and bake him and work that step back. Just one of those lunges forward trying to contest a step back jumper could spell the end for him.

1 person likes this.
  7. MattM

MattM Member

Get it out of your heads that he's limited. He's not. He's 100%. He's flopping already

8. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Are you the Clipper team doctor or something? Get real dude. You don't know jack about his status. All we're saying is hamstring injuries tend to linger and are tough to get over. Even a minor strain is going to be a problem for him all series.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I hope Rockets are treating this game 1 as if CP3 is 100% and flopping already.

10. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

If Paul does not play and we win game 1, you know if he comes back in game 2 it's going to be verrryyy tough. That being said, Harden should take the MVP snub personally and drop 40 on their asses in both games, go Dream on em!!

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

2 people like this.
  12. cmellon

cmellon Member

Because they defeated the defending champ, so they got more points.

13. cmellon

cmellon Member

I don't want to beat Clippers coz it's the end of CP3. I want to beat them fair and square with CP3 fully healthy 100%

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yep. Throw the regular season out when trying to judge our matchup.

Neither team will be the same.

15. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

I have a good feeling rockets are going to make a strong statement not to under estimate them. I'm just can't fathom the clippers whining and flopping, it's very cringe worthy.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Too late. The narrative's already been written. If LA wins then it's Paul toughing it out and showing his true inner champion. If we win then it's "Rockets luck out getting a hobbled Paul."

Whatever. All that matters are the final scores and who advances. No mercy, Rockets.

17. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

I agree who le heartedly

18. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Im sure Matt Barnes is going to try to pick a fight with the Rockets, I hate that turd

19. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

[​IMG]
    Get them ready for game 2!

20. Play07

Play07 Member

Harden will have to play good team D for us to win this series.