1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trust your team Clutchfans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmacfor35, Apr 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Who says they're meant to be fun? The game thread can include anything that's relevant to the game.

In the times we've been blown out in the season, I'm sure a lot of us were having great fun in the game thread. :rolleyes:

I post any frustration/rant in the game thread and leave it there. You don't see me starting threads left and right like this one because of what fans have to say.

I'm a diehard Rockets fan and I have high expectations, so I have no reason to apologize for posting my frustrations with how the team plays during the game.

CF provides an avenue for me to rant. You have every right to simply ignore/block me if it's getting to you, but I deserve every right as you to post freely without reproach.

1 person likes this.
  2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Let me make this clear.

Between you and Red Redemption's declaration of Mavs going to win the series because of a bad first half.

I wanted to make it clear that you both come off like idiots. You do it every game and to be honest, it just pisses everyone off.

Step away from the computer or your phone and enjoy the game.

Clutch, please lock this thread.

I was about a bottle of wine deep last night and there was no need for this thread.

As an observer who can be a harsh critic, I wanted to call out a few of our posters on a thread to hopefully deter them from posting such negative behavior that rile up some of the more levelheaded individuals.

vs-you are a good poster, but your negative laced rants destroy game threads.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Repped.

The game thread is for ranting and knee-jerking. Why do people get personally offended when it happens?

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I wish game threads were for actual discussion of what's happening in the game, realistic critcism and opinions on what should be done differently. Not to mention excitement and praise when things are going well, which is about the only thing done pretty successfully in the game threads.

When the game is over and we lost, rant away. I hate the it's all over in the first quarter or half posts, whether it's about the coach, a player or the game at hand. More times than not people end up looking like idiots for doing so. When you make yourself look like an idiot on a message board you deserve the ridicule. Lin fans got it bad and deservedly so.

5. RCPM

RCPM Member

Idiot reps idiot.

1 person likes this.
  6. vstexas09

Do you sieve through the hundreds of comments that are made in the game thread and see which one incites an emotional response?

There are a lot of posts that I've seen over the years, especially LOF/LOH, that are best left ignored.

Forgive me as I'm overly cautious of the game by being extreme in the game threads. I'm very passionate and I've had a very heavy share of disappointment in the past. Understand that it's a release getting all the negativity/anger/frustration in a post instead of letting it fester inside of you.

You're a respectable poster, so I will be more considerate moving forward. I've predicted nearly a loss every game this season, and the Rockets have upended my predictions, and I will gladly take being wrong if it means a Rockets win.

It may be luck, coincidence, the anti-jinx, but I'm the antithesis to DeAleck.

1 person likes this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If you can b**** about the Texans, I can b**** about the Rockets.
    If we go through EVERYONE's post history we've all been guilty of ranting and knee-jerking before.
    No need for the personal insults.

1 person likes this.
  8. vstexas09

Amen.

Didn't think that CF was part of NSA's agenda.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Just be liberal with your ignore list and call it a day

1 person likes this.
  10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Screw all of you wannabe's! That goes for Red, vstex and swyyyguy. Don't let the CF door kick you on the ass on your way out.

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Whoever thought they would be part of Clutch Community that is talking smack...can go find another social group to spew.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

In Cluth I trust.

1 person likes this.
  13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Lol if that was the case, the game thread would be 30 post long hahaha.

I mean, how people react is a part of the game and being a forum. People react differently to how the game is going and will post differently.

Honestly, I find it annoying reading people's negativity and overreactions based on how things aren't going well. Yesterday I was so close to opening my ignore list and adding whoever was posting the "Mavs will win in 6. Rockets/Harden chocked" crap. But I understand how people act differently and how this team's past performances don't inspire too much confidence.

I just wish everyone could be proud of their team, stick with it and don't overreact. Like what Howard and the rest of the team have been preaching thus far, "Don't get too high when we win or too low when we lose." This team is not perfect and will not win every game or every quarter but stick with it. Have some faith. This team isn't the same team that walked off the floor last year or in previous playoff disappointments. Relax, and enjoy the game and having a team with a realistic shot at winning a title.

14. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Well of course one pansy repped another for defending their rights to be pansies. Jesus, you guys/girls are disgraces. You can't hold it together when the Rockets are down 7 at the half?

15. reliableman

reliableman Member

Just saw this b/c of the rep one of you left.

You have no idea how long I've been a fan. Just gonna guess longer than you. That is such a tired and lame comment. I assume you're young if you try to throw that around.

Pessimism and just straight up being annoying are different.

Have faith in your team!!!

Bring on the Clips!!!

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

17. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Double technicals for both you - one for vstexas09 for too much negativity, and one for tmacfor35 for overreacting to it!

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I've seen some pretty embarrassing meltdowns from certain posters here. I'm just surprised there is no shame or humility being displayed here.

No one is questioning anyone's "right" to have emotional meltdowns. This is a community for entertainment purposes where you agree to certain behavioral minimums to post here. This isn't an existential issue.