1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do we do with Chris Paul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by astros123, May 2, 2015.

1. desertfire

desertfire Member

A hamstring injury is a serious matter for an athlete. Play him before he's ready and you might lose him for the series. Think about Arian Foster. No different here. He will play in this series, but he will never be a 100%, especially if he plays Monday. Huge huge injury. Surprised to see the impact so underestimated here.

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

If he was really injured ,he wouldn't be back on the court within a few minutes .

..I think the priority should be on how to stop J.C and Ridick

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He was a flop artist. The original one. Even better than Paul at it.

4. desertfire

desertfire Member

It is called adrenaline and realizing there is no next game, if they lose. You can't sustain that for a seven games series with a hamstring injury. And the idea that he was faking or playing it up for drama is ridiculously absurd.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

All I have to say is, there isn't a more whinier, floppier player I dislike more than Chris Paul.

It wasn't so bad before, but I think ever since he's been on the Clippers it's like a new persona he's had to whine at everything that doesn't go his way.

I despise the Clippers so much. Do whatever you have to do to win this series please.

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

7. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I might be the only one who feels this way but I'd rather have the clips at full strength. I don't want anyone saying we got by because they didn't have their star player 100%.

But hey I won't complain if they advance either way.

8. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

We don't do anything with Chris Paul, but we kidnap his brother, Cliff, and hold him hostage until Rockets are in the WCF.

9. Asian Sensation

Arways hito hamstring. No can defend.

10. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

What are they gonna do with James Harden?

11. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

You beat Chris Paul by making him a chucker. Guard the other players.

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Put Ariza on Paul like last game when they won...nuff said

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

The only reason Johnson should be on the floor is because of a 20 point lead in the 4th quarter. He's not an NBA player. Maybe next year.

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

corey brewer is what we do with cp3. the bench will only take a small hit if mchale puts kostas in the rottation just for around 10mpg, and terry will have an easier time shooting being guarded by bench players. priggs, terry, smith, capela and maybe kostas - the bench is good enough

15. JHL85

JHL85 Member

Do nothing. LAC will have advantage in PG and CP3 will get his points and dimes, but we will have advantage in SG, SF, and C. Not to mention, our bench should be able to dominate Clipper's bench.

Why is everyone so concerned about Clippers? We split the season series 2-2. Dwight didn't play in any of those games and Harden was struggling in 3 of those 4 games. I think we should be slightly favored with the HCA.

16. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Jamal Crawford is a guy I want to see us stop. He scored 24 and 20 in their wins in our season match ups. Both of our wins came when he was injured. The guy has killed us since his Chicago days. We can't allow him to contribute.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Because honestly I expected the Spurs to come out of this. They did not. And Clipper had some very good games just terrible TOs.

They could have beaten the Spurs 4-2 if not for those horrible TOs at the end.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And they dominated us last season with Dwight healthy so there is that.

I hope the table turns to our favor and the BBall Gods will grant us the necessary strength because we have been so unlucky postseasonwise and with injuries

19. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

I'm fully prepared to hate the **** out of Chris Paul. His antics on the court are childish and he gets away with it. Expect nothing less in our series. Refs gonna absolutely destroy us with his flopping... especially trying to fight through the high pick and roll with Dwight or TJones. He's gonna draw foul after foul.

God, it's so obvious what's gonna happen.

20. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

That shot to beat the spurs, wow...

Hopefully he's used up all his clutch energy, none left to use against us.