1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets fired their social media manager today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2015.

1. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

Holler at my Chad Shanks. We're interviewing at Grandex.

2. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

This is the twitter media management's equivalent of Rondo getting called for an 8 second call for not bringing up the ball quickly enough. If your job is to manage the twitter account for a national brand, then rule #1 is don't post ANYTHING that could be considered inflammatory just like rule #1 for an NBA point guard is bring the ball up to half court in under 8 seconds.

The guy should have been fired for not having enough common sense to know that the Rockets brand doesn't want to represented like any old internet troll.

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Rockets organization is making a mistake. Firing someone over this is like burning a house down after someone throws a baseball through the window. It's beyond ridiculous, it's just outright stupid.

I hope everyone here @mentions the Rockets organization and expresses their disbelief and how ridiculous it is that they are firing a young man who does an excellent job over one mistake. It's not even a lapse in judgement. We all make bad jokes and muck up - and at the end of the day this was pretty minor and innocent.

I hope they have as much ability to correct this mistake as they are able to apologize.

6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

Everybody should just unfollow their account.

8. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

It appears this guy was well liked and had lots of friends in the organization.

When the people you work with are also friends and your management team likes your work, they will generally get your back when you make a mistake and brush whatever happened under the rug.

So when someone that does good work and is well liked and gets fired, there is generally outside pressure. I am guessing someone complained to the league office and the league office told the Rockets to fix "it" because they do not want any negative publicity associated with the league. Adam Silver is like a little dictator who is overly sensitive and has thin skin.

I seriously doubt anyone in the Rockets organization wanted to fire the guy, but when push came to shove, the Rockets had to make some heads roll.

It is really unfortunate but in this age of fake outrage and overly sensitive people who protest anything and everything because they "think" they are making the world a better place, you have to expect some fallout from posting something like this. There is isn't a single day that goes by without hearing a story about some some commercial, TV Show or a comment made by a Politician being discriminatory. Case in point, the black female mayor of Baltimore was forced to apologize or calling the protestors burned all the cars and looted all the business thugs. God forbid we call criminals who vandalize and steal from businesses thugs out of concern they may be offended by being called "thugs."

Now that I have gone on my little rant, I hope this guy received a severance package so he can take a little time off, and finds a new job that pays even better than his last one.

#168 Huricane, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Wow, people are ****ing pansies.

That was a 100% harmless joke with some cute little emojis. Not like he insulted some demographic of people or said "MAVS SUCK" or something childish like that.

10. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

11. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

12. BeardlyBeardman

#WeAreAllHorseAndGunEmojis

13. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

14. BeardlyBeardman

I propose a sea of horse and gun emoji signs at the games in the next round.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So what happens when goal is met for the signatures?

Does he really get his job back then? Lol

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

What a bunch of crock! Dearly beloved Rockets, I say this sincerely from the bottom of my heart: Screw you!

(PS: Now and go win the 2nd round series you sensitive nannies. Make sure you don't get your panties in a bunch on the way there)

17. BeardlyBeardman

Yes, they roll out the national guard and secure his old office by force.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lebatard show is trying to get him to call in. They want to fight this.

19. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

I take it he came up with the "king James" pic and tweet after we beat the cavs? This was the talk of sports networks for a couple days afterwards. Seems he did a great job - provoke, entertain, get people talking. No?

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Goodness gracious, now some people are saying that the tweet was "rapey"