1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick Carlisle fined $25,000 for public criticism of referees

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ns575, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Dallas is self destructing and it's absolutely hilarious to watch.

2. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I think the fine is certainly justified, and not because of the "kosher" slip (which is ridiculous to assume he meant anything derogatory by it) and not so much because of him criticizing the refs. To me its more about his unprofessionalism. He insinuated Dwight and the Rockets are not by playing by the rules and getting away with it. But besides one instance he has no proof to back up the claim. Then he practically demands the situation to be fixed for next game. That's not his job as coach. Had he simply said something similar to Dirk he would have gotten his point across just fine.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Hahahahaaa.....

Not only you lose, your wallet gets lighter too.

4. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Sweep and a 25k fine.

Sweet.

5. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

http://we-love-quotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/you-went-full-r****d-never-go-full-r****d.jpg

6. frontline94

frontline94 Member

this sums it up

7. treeman

treeman Member

Personally I think that the idea that you can't criticize the officiating r****ded and frankly un-American. And yet I will shed no tears in this case.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I can't read that many words breh. I'll just assume it's a long-winded "Agreed!"

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The fact that he went after the refs over one play as opposed to talking about how his team can improve tells us that he has no answer for Rockets. He knows we are the better team and he is mad about it.

Sorry, Rick. Actually, no I'm not.

10. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Well coach, tell your guys to stop flopping on defense/loose ball situations, and the refs won't have to guess if there was a foul or not when your guy launches himself out of bounds...

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

Expect Dwight to be called for questionable fouls early on and forced to sit out the first two quarters. Cuban and his posse know how to strong arm the refs with "criticism".

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Mavs are soft.

Their coach called them soft

13. MystikArkitect

So far Carlisle has lost 3 games, his starting PG and 25k.

Solid.

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

So he can completely ignores JJ Barea running around pushing people every moment on the floor which culminated in him running up to Josh Smith and shoving him with both hands like a lunatic which finally drew the attention of the refs and got him a foul but Devin Harris flops out of bounds and all the other players are flopping the same way Chris Paul did to Demarcus Cousins and don't get called for it but the refs are biased towards Houston. He's trying to save face because he's getting his butt handed to him by someone he probably considers an inferior coach and he can't take it! Or maybe he thinks his job is on the line. Who knows!?

15. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Good. If you damn roster didn't flop so often it would be easier for the refs to tell if your players are fouled legitimately or not.

Mavs are doing what they did that year we were up 2-0 on the Mavs, they b**** about Yao getting away with illegal screens, all of a sudden every pick is illegal by Yao.

Refs will respond and call soft stuff on us in game 4, have to push through it.

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

After Carlisle's criticism and fine, the league needs to go back and watch that whole game again and issue fines to all the Mavs for every flop. I'd LOVE to see that headline!
    "Carlisle causes league to fine Mavs players for 30 flops!"

17. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Dallas so butthurt. owner and coaches.

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I'm more angry that no one brought up Dirk Nowitzki throwing a tantrum, swearing at the Refs & then spitting, in their direction, onto the court after Dwight was Fouled by Tyson Chandler.

That display deserved at the least a Technical, but in my very biased opinion, he deserves to be suspended for 1 game &/or fined $25,000 as well.

19. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Pick your poison Rick.

You want to play tough/physical playoff basketball? Dwight will eat every one of your players alive.

You want the refs to blow the whistle at any sign of contact? Then don't cry when James drops 20 from the line.

20. MissouriRocket

Used to respect Rick but come on.