1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HUBIE BROWN is a pathetic commentator

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NBAandNFLFan, Apr 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I didn't watch the game on espn, but it always seems when Hubie is concerned, some rocket fans seem to block out everything good that is said about the rockets. It's pretty strange.

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

The disparity in comments is funny. I've always though Hubie was one of the best in the business and still do. Just a guy that likes good basketball.

3. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

This is like your last 10 posts.

4. bmd

bmd Member

Hubie Brown pretty much just praises everybody constantly on both teams.

He also likes to tell the audience what the losing team should do to get back in the game.

"Okay, now what the Mavs need to do here is blah blah blah, and they can get this game tied up".

^^ Opposing fans might think he's talking about what he WANTS to happen, but he's actually just talking strategy as an unbiased observer.

He's not gonna say when the Rockets are up by 14:

"Okay, what the Rockets really need to do here is blah blah blah, so that they can really obliterate their opponent to smithereens and go up by 30."

2 people like this.
  5. sanedolt

sanedolt Member

Hubie tries too hard to prove the refs are making the right call. He has no idea what could be called and what should be called

6. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

I dispise how Hubie Brown finds the slightest contact to excuse a bad call by the refs.

*Dwight remains vertical*

"And right there the arm comes over the shoulder, theres the foul...thats exactly how id teach my bigs to defend a guy coming at him"

7. newAge_Rockets

Watched the game on ROOT Sports and enjoyed every second of it. Bill Worrell is a national treasure you guys, don't waste your time on Hubie.

8. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

He's not bad. I'll take him over Jon Barry 24/7, but the guys is getting old, i suppose.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

1) that's 7 posts santa
    2) those 7 posts weren't intended as allegedly neutral color commentary for the intl broadcast of nba playoff games

10. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Another Hubie hate thread? What is with some of you guys. He's one of the better commentators out there.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Hubie gets a hate thread everytime he calls a Houston game, but not Jon Barry?

12. saintja2

So which is it?

Hubie Brown is ****

or

McHale is the worst coach of all time , Harden is choker who flops all the time, Morey is a ****ing idiot who ruined this team, Le$ Alexander is the worst owner in pro sports etc.

You "fans" keep b****ing about everything, yet we should only be praised on national TV?

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Hubie brings in the key 80+ demographic all advertisers are looking for.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it's one thing to selectively pull my posts out over the span of a couple of weeks and mischaracterize that selected sample as my last 10posts, and quite another to just make up BS and attribute it to my quotes. you're out of line hoss

15. saintja2

Well yeah, those from the last post weren't necessarily quotes from you (and I didn't actually claim they were) but a sample of posts/thoughts from the most negative posters on this board, let's call them the "Kwames". Sadly, you seem to qualify to that group. High standards are one thing, but b****ing about everything that the front office, coaches and players do is a bit excessive.

And the quotes from the 1st post are all from the first page of your last posts, I think they were 7 of your 15 last posts now that I checked.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so then in a nutshell, you are b****ing about your perception of other b****ing and using quotes you just made up out of thin air in an attempt to legitimize your b****ing. get lost scrub

17. saintja2

Yeah, fine. Whatever.

Commentators like Hubie Brown aren't the problem. Idiotic homers like Worrell/Drexler/Sean Elliott/Heihnsohn/Harpring etc. are.

I actually enjoy listening competent people instead of Worrell/Clyde/Bullard ****show, who I think most often are the "whiny POS". Most people (and even surprisingly many Rockets fans) seem to agree with me.

18. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Not sure what game you guys were watching. He praised our guys, didn't fumble and make mistakes any more than Bill and Clyde usually do.

19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

actually he did seem very upset every time they made a mistake/turnover.

I mean... seriously???

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

on one hand i appreciate you finally returning to the actual thread topic here. on the other, i wish you had read post #49 which distinguishes hubie brown's role as unbiased color commentator for an international playoff broadcast. comparing that setting with worrell & crew is not apples to apples. and tonite i honestly thought i was listening to derek harper whenever hubie opened his mouth