1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/18/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2015.

1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Harden has matched his playoff career high in assist at 7. That's very surprising to me.

Hopefully we can get Dirk into more foul trouble. I'm scared on him in the 4th quarter.

2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

...who? HOWARD?

Please, he's being unfairly taken out of the game, but besides that playing very well. He missed a couple hooks, but thats it.

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

some weird fans here like to get right in to him, even though he carries our team

they just want him to be perfect

when he is on fire they are more than happy to jump on his back with love....

4. SeeingRocketRed

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!

6. cmellon

cmellon Member

Yeah, go figure.. We were up like 18 points at one point, then down by 3 points.

7. FeaR

FeaR Member

Are we serious now, you expect what ? 20 and 10 by halftime :confused:.

8. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

curry's the real mvp. he can just flat out shoot and change the game that way. harden begs for calls by literally throwing himself at players to get a call... harden showing that he's just a reg season player. dwight is the only guy that can change the game in the playoffs. its obvious to anyone who isnt a homer...

9. newAge_Rockets

Haren, why u no have 60 points at half. You scrub!-Clutchfans right now.

1 person likes this.
  10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Yeah, they need to get him more involved. Had one good layup then went AWOL the rest of the time. He needs to push the ball. Run and get easy baskets. Dallas is not getting back.

11. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

We would be up by double digits if Harden is more aggressive, Dirk and Rondo brought their team back, Harden needs to play like a man on a mission, cant have J Smith be our primary option on offense, that's Harden's job.

12. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Refs took Dwight and Capela out of the game, that's what you get with a Joey officiating crew on your home floor..

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Smith in and howard out was a huge part of mavs 21-4 run.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Harden has these slow starts though, I wouldn't say slow but that he looks to be more apart of a team than dominate the ball. He's making some really great passes out there, is playing defense, he's just not hitting or taking too many shots.

I think he'll be fine. I'm more worried about keeping Capela/Howard on the floor so Rondo would think twice before flipping stuff up at the rim.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That play bumping into Nowitzki and falling down was really unnecessary. He could have gone straight to the basket and scored. Dirk wasn't even looking at him. Fortunately they called a foul. That could have been easily a non-call.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As I said...he's not playing poorly at all. His defense and passing has been great

17. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Hard to do that when Josh brings the ball up and goes full r****d. He wasted everybody's time on the court, nobody got in a rhythm.

18. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Clueless man. Josh smith was running the slow like he's the MVP candidate. Stupid basketball

19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

ummm...it is obvious that Howard will make the big difference in the end, but Harden hasn't shown in this game that he's only a reg season player. If anything he's sacrificed his game a bit offensively to involve his teammates and play heroball. You see those 7 assists at halftime? Yeh, thats really good.

Wake up. I'm not saying he's playing his best, but he's definitely not choking by any means.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You showed you know nothing about the NBA's basic game.

Two teams make runs all the while ...... that is natural as you and me taking in food