1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/18/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2015.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

2-6...

2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

lmao Mavs... can't stand this team at all. Just flat out!

3. tws011

tws011 Member

When we were up by 15 and dominating the game, it is cause for concern when you're barely up 4.

4. Spooner

Spooner Member

Your just an ignorant dumbass

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Playoffs Harden is a real thing.

So is Playoffs Rondo. ;)

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep.

The only reason the Mavs are in this game is because of the BS fouls against Dwight. Rondo is not finger rolling it in there with Dwight out there or even Capela.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

We can see your past posts, LOF.

1 person likes this.
  8. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

they were leading by like 15. Much of the second quarter sucked.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Good close. You can feel the tensiĆ³n in the air though. Crowd does not want a repeat of last year. Harden dishing well, but he need to go and get the ball! There is no offense wit out him.

10. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

the only thing that matters is the win, and dwight is the guy to bring it. not harden.

11. tws011

tws011 Member

He's playing awful.

12. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Need at least a 20 pts cushion. If it comes down to the wire, Carly will out-chess Mchale. He clearly has no situational game plan, not even a counter strategy.

13. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

4 point lead is unacceptable

14. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Harden needs to be more aggressive, but McHale needs a better strategy to get Harden in position.

15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Howard has to stay on the floor! Or our guys have to protect the paint better as a team.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Live and die by the ref! :p

17. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Smith is utter ****, but lets face it the nit wit at the controls is to blame for this, Machale is so ****ing stupid it's scary. If we lose this series I swear that ****er Morey and Less better send that stupid **** packing regardless of his 3 year deal.

Also, Harden is tremendously disappointing AGAIN... Smith you expect sub par play from half the time, Harden is flat out playing poorly, its not their defense at all its Harden bricking **** and not asserting himself enough...

It's unbelievable that we sqaundered a 14 point lead, runs are one thing but letting Smith ****ing destroy us out there is on McHale and his inability to get the job done right

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he would make more of them if the defenders didn't foul him in the lane when he drives. It is one of the ways that he can be stopped

really it doesn't matter how he scores

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

we need more fire from Harden so his teammates can pickup their confidence.

Forcing too many inside buckets must be the gameplan but the Mavs bigs are not getting into foul trouble.

I'd say McHale overplayed Capela, minutes should have been given to Dorsey to clean up the offensive boards. McHale doesn't have good coaching instincts.

20. bro2044

bro2044 Member

FIRST OFF...

We're up at halftime, and initially thats fine with me.

That being said, here are thoughts that I'm sure we're all thinking:

-I don't know what Howard can do. He's played good D and he's been called for 3 equally awful calls. He could easily only have 1 foul at most if this was being called well, but he can't get ANY calls... but if he touches Amare or Chandler, foul foul foul. God I hope that changes, because he is making such a difference beneath the rim.

-Harden HAS to make shots or keep attacking. I know he's got FTs, but 6 shots???? That HAS to change for us to succeed. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that he is involving other players, but he's doing dangerous passes, or giving it to players that are turning it over instead like Smith and Jones. Jones has to wake up. He's playing a little better, but seriously he needs to wake up.

-Smith, wonderful D...horrendous O. I mean he is juggling the ball everywhere and justr tossing it to no one. I just...I can't take him being our 2nd ballhandler, ugh ew GAWD.

-FTs... seriously, I just can't. We've missed what, 8? This would be a COMPLETELY different game if we could've just made 5 more of those. Harden can't miss any... and Smith CAN'T just miss both. CMON Smith...dammit!

Once Dwight is back I'm sure we'll bump the lead backup... but how can he stay in if he keeps getting bad calls? How in the world has Amare not fouled out in comparison?

Wtvr, GO ROCKETS!!!!