1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MVP Watch 2k15: James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 23, 2015.

1. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Eh. I think the race is so close that these last 4-5 games will pretty much be the deciding aspect.

If both do equally as well...I think it goes to Curry. Unfortunately

2. jman7373

jman7373 Member

That is what I was trying to say. Westbrook's game tonight helped Harden's scoring title chances which will be helpful for his MVP case.

3. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

I would never consider Westbrook for mvp.

4. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

17 points tonight was pretty devastating for Westbrooks scoring avg considering he was already behind Harden by .02 points per game.

All we can do is hope Harden puts up his average against the Spurs. And I don't want to jinx it or anything....buuut Harden traditionally plays great against the Spurs

5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Anyone know if this is legit?

6. ln3012

ln3012 Member

also keep in mind that although Westbrook won't win, he will definitely get SOME mvp votes. every vote for Westbrook is probably one vote away from Harden as my guess is the "best player on best team" voters will vote Curry regardless. the Thunder missing the playoffs/Westbrook not balling is good for Harden for both the scoring title and mvp race

7. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

If someone actually votes for Westbrook over Harden or Curry in the MVP Race then I can only assume that they might quite literally be r****ded.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Curry is faltering. If James has premier games vs the Spurs I think he wins it.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

30 bucks for a basic T is excessive IMO

10. solodolo

solodolo Member

Sadly I don't see harden win it just because it was already decided three weeks ago ..

The only chance is if he goes super sayian for the Spurs games but I still can't see it .. oh well

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Curry's not faltering because the media won't let him falter. He's firmly protected by his team's record regardless if he plays poorly or not.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Exactly. Still can't believe the break in highlight during our game on Sunday where they showed the "highlights" of the GS vs Dallas game from the night before where they showed 2 of Currys 4 makes in the win and then in fine print showed his overall terrible stats, but praised him for the win.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Curry is a worthy winner. Harden is just a bit more deserving being a Rockets fan.

Anyone who says Curry is an outright winner is delusional. Likewise anyone who says its Harden and it's not close is delusional.

To the media, Curry has a more aesthetically pleasing game and that counts. He has better advanced stats compared to Harden across the board and that counts. He is the best player on the best team in the league which is about 10 games better off than Harden and that counts. His team trounced our team and Harden 4-0 head to head and that counts. That's Curry's case

Having said all that, Harden just edges out Curry IMO

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

15. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I don't often agree with you but this is a very good summation of curry's case as MVP (and the reason he will unfortunately win barring something really dramatic at the end). (Although James actually wins on a number of stats.) In any case even if curry wins the MVP there will still ever be only one MVB.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

#997 HR Dept, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  18. Great Red Flash

Curry is the MVP and not Harden. Here's why:

Curry is on the verge of breaking the all time nba 3 point record for a season which he himself set 2 years ago.

Warriors are about to finish 8-10 games ahead of the Rockets (and 4-0 against them head-to-head). Rockets being 2 seed means nothing if losing a few games can result them to being 6th while Warriors are clearly on another level.

Curry puts up similar numbers as Harden in even less minutes and is more efficient and has better PER etc.

B-But muh Howard...If Howard was playing Harden case for MVP would be even weaker as he has another superstar to rely on. You could say that Rockets roster is weaker than the Warriors but look at it Brewer, Ariza, Smith, DMo, Jones, Beverely, Prigs, Terry. That's still a great team so that give me that bs.

19. sabesque

sabesque Member

Just to summarize your points:
    - Curry shoots a lot of threes
    - The Warriors are a great TEAM
    - Curry hypothetically could have had a great season but his team hasn't need him to be as valuable as he could be
    - Harden wouldn't have as strong of a case if Howard was playing.

[​IMG]

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This. I think the writing is on the wall that Curry will be winning MVP. Sportswriters vote, and sportswriters are all over Curry's jock. Harden is a worthy candidate and will no doubt be the runner-up in voting, but it's over. Lets focus on championship stuff instead, which is still very much up in the air.