1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe Innocent or Guilty?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by FishBulb913, Jul 19, 2003.

?

Guilty or Innocent

1. Innocent

64 vote(s)
    41.8%
  2. Guilty

89 vote(s)
    58.2%
  1. reallyBaked

reallyBaked Member

no evidence is public, so how could I judge?

Although the DA actually filling charges, and bringing all this publicity on himself, the small town, etc has me interested in seeing exact what he has.

2. CRC

CRC Member

He's already guilty of adultery i.e. cheating on his wife...

Now... I believe justice need to give these so called "superstars" a lesson... I hate people saying because these guys are rich & famous, they can have all the women they want... what? Are you saying because of that they can hit on your wife or girlfriend... hell, no!

3. jli

jli Member

i am confused that why kobe did not hire the O.J Simpson's lawyer ?

4. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

lionel hutz?
    cos he's incompetent.

5. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

All I know is the announcers aren't gonna be able to talk about his "great will to win" with the same gusto they used to.

6. Houstonrocketss

Kobe is already guilty no matter if he is innocent or not.

On one hand you have a white majority community with a "citizen" of that community who know this girl in some way.

On the other hand you have a Black man who is a "stranger" and not a citizen although well known superstar.

Visitor comes in takes advantage of the "citizen" in their eyes no matter if he is innocent or not.

No matter how you slice it this is about Race KOBE made a huge mistake coming on camera and protesting his innocence and breaking down for millions to see.

To me in my opinion Kobe is innocent, i think sometimes the law needs to realize women do lie as well in sexual cases.
    Kobe has admitted they both had sex but my theory is if your being raped or held against your will you scream bloody murder, in this case Kobe being a well known star would be an idiot to try to kill someone if she screamed out for help.

The time from when the incident happend and how she acted after she left the room is critical to the case, because if she went about her business as normal and did not say anything until later that day after many hours THEN SHE IS A LIAR.

Any woman who is raped will cry out for help after if it is indeed rape. Kobe and her had some wild sex maybe it got too wild but Rape? Naaaaaaaaaaa I do not believe that one bit.

BUT in the laws eyes she is a teen, legal but still a teen I think she came up with the rape story to get her ex-boyfriend to feel sorry for her and possibly go back to her.

Women will do anything to get what they want sometimes even if it means ruining a life.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The fact is many women don't scream and yell and fight when raped. They are too scared to do that. There are many different ways that rape happen. In some cases the victim fights out and crys and screams in other cases it doesn't happen like that.

In many cases the rape isn't reported at all.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Innocent or Guilty OF WHAT?

Infidelity - GUILTY AS SIN
    being a bad hubby - VERY GUILTY
    Rape - INNOCENT [until proven guilty]

Rocket River

9. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we are to believe the lead detectives notes (from years later), Kozinsky. :)

Yeah, this poll is dumb. By law everyone should vote innocent. By evidence, everyone should abstain from voting. There is no answer to this right now, just as MacB's question has no answer (and we don't even know if his parameters are correct).

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

You're right. I don't have a lot of power right now... :(

11. BERSERKER

BERSERKER Member

Rape is exerting power thru sex. You can't isolate the power equation from the sex. If it was all about power, he could've just beaten the tar out of her.

12. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

But the sex is irrelevant, and is merely the most authoritative and means to exert power over someone.

I reference the millions of ostensibly heterosexual men who rape other men in prison.

The problem with that sentiment is that the most divisive issue in that area of Colorado is apparently not race, but class. And as a very affluent individual, Bryant would more likely be looked upon as "one of us" rather than myself, despite the common skin color I share with the population.

13. BERSERKER

BERSERKER Member

Judging from past sex assault cases involving athletes, I will go on record with "not guilty". One of his lawyers (Haddon is the guy's last name), recently got a pro athlete (whose name escapes me) acquitted of 20 charges of sexual assault. Kobe's female lawyer was one of JonBenet Ramsey's folks attys. They're going to tapdance on Hurlbert's forehead. It's been reported that Hurlbert didn't know about the overdose. That's hard to believe, but if true, he's probably pissed that little nugget of info didn't reach his desk.

Of course, "not guilty" and "innocent" are two different concepts. OJ was found "not guilty", but is 99.99999% not innocent. Do I think Kobe's innocent? Imo, the two had consentual sex up to a point. Just what happened after that point will probably be something -quite- interesting.

14. prjsino

prjsino Member

leaning towards guilty after the press conference. The sunday before it, he tried to play it off to a LA columnist that "you know me, i wouldn't do such a thing" and now that he's admitted adultery, other skeletons hidden will show itself. the conference came off as being OBVIOUSLY STAGED. i've seen a bad actor try to cry and they act the same way Kobe did when they can't. why the hard breathing? why bring your wife to the conference where people can look at her and see her dead as a zombie? why the public apology for cheating, when its a personal matter and belongs in the family? kobe conference basically = cheese. he tried to bring sympathy on himself and it back fired, IMO. time will tell of his fate, AND if or when it comes out that he is guilty, I hope he gets life in prison cause people like him (rapists) deserve no place in society. GOOD RIDDENS.