1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Realignment/Draft Lottery Tournament

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SooneRockStro, Apr 2, 2015.

1. bongman

bongman Member

This means we play 16 games against Memphis, Dallas, SA and Pelicans while Toronto has BKN, NY, Bos and PHL?

2. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I just want to share my idea about scheduling in the NBA for as long as there will be divisions. Right now, I feel that divisions don't really have much meaning with the balanced scheduling that exists right now.

Yes, I do like the idea of there being no conferences, and doing away with conferences would make unbalanced scheduling easy to do, which is one that would put a much heavier emphasis on divisional play, and heat up rivalries a lot more amongst teams in the same division. Teams would take games versus division rivals more seriously than they do now imho, and also, we would really see which team is the best in the division.

Schedule:

24 division games (6 games against each opponent)
    8 teams you play thrice
    17 teams you play twice
    Total 82 games

Just think, if such an unbalanced schedule ever took shape when retaining conferences, then teams would either play 8 of 10 non divisional opponents within the conference thrice when playing all 15 of the non conference opponents the current twice each, or it could be for teams to play all of the 10 non divisional opponents within the conference thrice, then there would be 2 of the non conference opponents teams would only play once rather than twice in order to retain an 82-game schedule.