1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 3/30/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hey genius,

You mean to tell me James Harden - league MVP - passed to one of his teammates when he faced single coverage.

Is that what you're seriously telling me?

My oh my. Ok. I don't know how you can even begin to think Harden just decided to say 'na guys I've had enough of taking clutch shots and winning games. I'm going to disregard this play drawn up for me and just pass to you'

You think that's more likely than McHale being an abysmal head coach?

Get real genius.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Second place didn't last long. Wow, something about playing in Toronto. Almost an automatic Rocket's loss for as long as I can remember.

3. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No excuses you have to gear down and pull these wins out ! This is a disappointing loss cause it was right there to take

4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Man I'm curious how we do against a surging Spurs team and OKC. This was a necessary win in order to provide some leeway for the next slate of games. Im sure Memphis is motivated to win now after dropping 3 straight...

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't know how anybody thinks Harden didn't play anything other than good defense on DeRozan on the last Raptor shot. Ariza ain't doing any different.

6. frontline94

frontline94 Member

i seriously think all the naysayers are just waiting for us to lose and post on these boards only when we do... god damn mavs' fans

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This makes no sense

Rocket River

8. roidrage

roidrage Member

Obviously you should play this kid!

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

So Harden didn't want to guard Lebron or Chris Paul when Ariza guarded them in key possessions and succeeded? If it is Harden then he needs to put his ego aside because he got owned over and over.

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

Capela and Prigioni were playing well. Smith was terrible all game. Not sure about the substitutions. I would have left Capela out there until he screwed up. He seemed to be finding a rhythm.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hey genius, Harden has a tendency to do that, too often

12. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Jay...don't know why but the refs are NOT giving us a fair shot. That was an unreal call. And, why doesn't spineless McHale ride the ref like a racehorse...if they T him up, they do. Something has to be done about end of the game screwings from the refs.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ariza's length would have bothered the shot more.

14. FEAR THE BEARD

I'm pissed, but trying not to overreact since it was a b2b in Canada without Dwight, DMO, and TJ.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's the excuse the refs will use, I'm sure. But the truth is they all stood way too far away from the scramble, so none of them were in position to give the Rockets the timeout. Which is inexcusable. Off a missed free throw, how in the hell can there not be one ref able to see what's going on so the right call can be made?

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Ariza is wayyyyyy longer than Derozan who himself is tall as hell.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You can't let Derozan go crazy like that. The fact that zero adjustments were made when he's just dicing you up and walking into the lane time and time again is pretty weak on McHale's part.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, Harden played perfect defense on that shot.

My problem is they should not have had that possession in the first place.

19. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I just don't understand why Harden was guarding DeRozan. Harden was doing okay but Ariza has proven to come up big in the last few possessions of close game; LeBron and Paul most recently.

We pay Ariza to guard the best perimeter player on the other team, not to take the last shots in important games.

We pay Harden to take important shots, not guard the best perimeter player on the other team.

We pay Dorsey to protect the paint and rebound, did almost none of that in the second half.

20. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

So I have seen some highlights but how did Capella play on D and O?