1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Point Guard Prospects for Rockets in 2015 Draft: Jerian Grant vs. Kris Dunn vs. Delon Wright

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Clutch, Mar 23, 2015.

?

If Rockets pick late lotto and go point guard, who would you like to see in Houston?

1. Jerian Grant (Notre Dame)

59 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. Kris Dunn (Providence)

38 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Delon Wright (Utah)

17 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. Other (Please specify)

20 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

More of a face up PF with good perimeter defense. He isn't a KD lite, unlike what people are saying about him. Doesn't fight on the boards, and he is reluctant to post up.

I would like to take a player who has upside, and plays with some passion.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

I want Morey to buy a super late 2nd and grab Stainbrook.

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

[youtube]S8v6mQ3UF80[/youtube]

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I see a little bit of Drexler in him. Plus the 2 inches in height of course.

5. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG] Dunn, imo, is the only true wizard of these 3 PG prospects.
    [​IMG] Would love 4 this versatile lead guard to run the one in H-Town [​IMG]

6. i3artow i3aller

"Kris was gone for two years, so everyone forgot about him. He has everyone's attention now." ~ Providence Friars coach Ed Cooley

[​IMG]
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k8pyH-XEYXc?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG][​IMG]
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KuvRsdMxfng?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

russel is who i want :(

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is out of our reach.

9. i3artow i3aller

Cameron Payne Outlook

STATS

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/54ahjk3LNr4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. i3artow i3aller

Canaan's Murray State hakuna brotata reeks of being a Daryl Morey type draft pick. True [​IMG] diamond [​IMG] in the rough.
    Has a smoothness and pace to his game just like #1 PG Russell. Also a prolific scorer w/ great vision and defense. Best of all he's a Lefty!
    <iframe src="https://vine.co/v/O3nXABTe5W0/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

After defensive ability, the biggest thing I want in a PG prospect is that tenacious mentality that leads to rebounds and rim runs. It seems like Dunn fits the bill.

We'll get a closeup look at wright on Friday night when the Ute's plane Duke at reliant

12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I'm loving Dunn. To the point where I'll be shocked if he's available at 14. I don't follow the NCAA or draft blogs too much till the real drafts but this kid looks solid.

Explosive, defensive presense, long, can finish around the rim, can shoot, playmaker, rebounds well for his size and runs the floor. That's a total package.

I hope he is available at 14 or we move up to get him.

13. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Out of the 3 listed, I would side with Grant. He doesn't have the greatest creative ability, but he's big, shoots well, and could come in and immediately compete with Bev for minutes.

Honestly, I hope Tyus Jones declares for the draft (even though I'm a huge Duke fan and would love for him to stay). He'd be PERFECT for the team - fantastic creator, awesome 3 PT shot, has a nose for the ball. His only issue is his size/defense, which may cause him to drop to 20-ish if he declares now.

14. vizier

vizier Member

how about that one?

[​IMG]

15. Airdough

Airdough Member

The Rockets have the flexibility to trade up or down so I chose other. If Morey is locked in at 13 or 14, I hope he takes another front court player (PF/C combo like WCS) due to impending free agency leaving our current options too expensive to retain.

If KJ can be retained at the QO, then he's like having a another late lotto pick small forward project.

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Reminds me of Lillard who seem to come out of nowhere leading up to the draft and turned out to be the real deal. PLs the new Lillard falls to us.

Cameron Payne 6-3 185 PG Murray St. So.

Cameron Payne has become the hottest name within scouting circles and he now faces a tough decision regarding his basketball future.,,,

In three Nationally televised games, Payne was absolutely brilliant, and many scouts now project him as the top point guard potentially available after DAngelo Russell and Emmanuel Mudiay. With great size and composure beyond his years, Payne also shows tremendous speed in the open floor. He has a beautiful three point shot, the ability to set up teammates with great vision, and a polished floate

http://www.nbadraft.net/stock-watch-28

17. i3artow i3aller

I'm right there with you, my dude. Cameron is going to rocket up draft boards once people know who this guy is. It's crazy because there is literally next to nothing out there on him even though this kid can flat out ball. Hopefully everyone stays infatuated by these three giant PGs while an actual Point Gawd slips to us. Payne reminds me a lot of Mike Conley only with a more polished jumper at this stage. I'd say he's top 10 in 2016 for sure, and hopefully he'll drop to Houston at 13/14 if he comes out early.

18. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

If Terry Rozier hasn't been selected by first-round, I will pick him in the Knick's draft pic.
    Terry Rozier will have a good future in NBA

19. #1fan

#1fan Member

Dunn is for real!

20. FEAR THE BEARD

I really like Tyus Jones from Duke. Out of those three choices I would take Jerian Grant though.