1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale needs to call plays come play-off time [Steven A Smith]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, Mar 27, 2015.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

According to you and some others why would opponents even need to scout our team to be able to stop us?

According to some our offense is so damn simple and easy to stop why are teams waiting until the playoffs to stop it?

I mean these other teams are in competition with us for playoff spots.

2. xaos

xaos Member

*insert Mchale's ISO meme here*

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Disagree

4. baubo

baubo Member

When SAS says something that you agree with folks, you should not take that as a sign that you are right. Instead, you should look at yourself and think where you went wrong.

5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Call Jerry Sloan.

6. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

Ugh! Do you guys honestly think that the wins are all on James? That the coaching staff does nothing?

I actually hate it when people say that James is the sole reason the Rockets is where they are. He's an HUGE part but what about DMo or Trevor? They have been great when Dwight and TJ has been injured. We also have good players on Corey and Josh. I wouldn't consider the other players as scrubs either.

I remember an interview where McHale recounted saying to James that he will get the brunt of the blame when the team is playing badly but he will also get the most praise when the team is winning so he should share that with his teammates.

GO ROCKETS!

7. baubo

baubo Member

Sloan in practice: "Here's the play we're going to run. James, you will handle the ball at the top of the key. Dwight, you go set a pick. Then depending on what the defender does, James, you can decide to pull up for a jumper, drive all the way to the basket and then shoot or pass to Dwight for a dunk. Terry, you go stand in the corner to spread the floor. We did this in Utah all the time with Stockton, Malone, and Hornacek. Very effective. I call it the Pick-and-Roll."

Harden: "But that's something we already run."

Sloan: "Yeah, but when I'm coach, it's called having structure. When you do it, it's called a freaking mess."

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

there is absolutely no scenario where westbrook wins, considering him is ridiculous

Its harden or curry, thats it

9. xaos

xaos Member

This is officially my first drunk post and I did not want to make it special. So, it is in this useless thread about a useless media head. Go Rockets. 4th best record in the NBA. 1 game or a half a game or something like that away from 2nd in one of the hardest West in history. Who wants to sex Mutumbo? Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  10. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Cari champion sure did look pretty in her lil dress. Lil sexy thang.

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Those two "fools" are trying to sound objective, why don't they just admit that they like Curry for MVP?

SAS says Harden's "herculean stuff" ain't gonna cut it in the playoffs, but he likes it when it's Westbrook doing it.

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

McHale's best quality as a coach is he has instilled confidence in the guys to play their game. His first big achievement this year is Josh Smith.

Alsohe gets the team to play hard and he doesn't get in the players' way or try to micro-manage.

I think this is something players like. For example, Harden references the fact that in "the meeting." Terry joined him and Dwight in the discussion, not the coaches. So the guys have ownership of their play.

If Howard accepts his defense and pnr role going forward, this would be McHale's second big accomplishment this year.

13. bongman

bongman Member

LMAO. This like saying Sarah Palin agrees with you.

2 people like this.
  14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Incorrect

The rockets out scored the Blazers in the playoffs in total, and I believe we were top 3-4 of all playoff teams for the playoffs. This myth that this style of ball is somehow in effective is a false narrative. Harden had a brilliant game in game 6 but multiple Blazers had career shooting series.

We lost the series because:
    Parsons and Harden could not hit a three to save thier lives.
    Jeremy Lin is a loser and gave away multiple critical opportunities
    The botched loose ball foul on Howard on the final possession of game 1
    Unbelievable shooting by the Blazers

15. RESINator

RESINator Member

We got bounced 1st round because of incompetent coaching

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Why fix what ain't broken?

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

We got bounced cause we faced a better team

18. dmoneybangbang

That series was a coin flip.

19. J Hard

J Hard Member

Stop your whining. (Schwarzanegger voice)

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

All this iso ball bs talk.

Lebron and Kyrie are 2nd and 3rd in the league in iso points. No one talks as if they have no chance. Hell they are favored to make the finals and 2nd favorite to win it all.

Things that make you go hmm.