1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring Back Calvin Murphy!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nabil474, Mar 20, 2015.

1. tharges

tharges Member

Love Murphy please bring him back!!!!

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

ya think?

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

This decision is like clubbing baby seals

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

admittedly I like Clyde a lot - not because he adds anything insightful but more so I am on my toes to hear what unintentionally funny thing he'll say night. Anyone who takes Clyde seriously is going to only upset themselves.

last night was the first live broadcast I've seen with Calvin and Bill (grew up in LA - so any rockets games were national tv and by the time league pass came around and I had it - it was van chancellor) Clearly they had a lot of chemistry and there was a certain flow that was not forced whatsoever between the two of them. Both were having fun - but the one thing I feel may happen is that Bill is already a homer calvin is a bigger homer - but given the options I would prefer calvin and bill than any other pairing.

Maybe they can do something where Calvin does the home games and Bull does the road games but I dont know if clyde would be willing to give up his job so easily.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, I remember when Murph was paired with Bill (was a young'un back then), and I really liked Murph. I think he just takes a little getting used to.

What happened to Murph back then, though? He was removed because of some scandal, or...?

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Fire Clyde, demote Bull. That's my vote.

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Fire bull and put Clyde in studio. Clyde at least has personality and sense of humor.

8. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Seriously? Calvin is not at all a bigger homer, yesterday he was pretty fair and said a lot of stuff should've been no calls or complimented the referees. Back in the day, both Bill and Calvin could be homers but both could also be pretty impartial. Most of the time, they changed roles based on who started to be a homer first haha

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

[​IMG]
    then sign Calvin...

10. Postpremium

Postpremium Member

Bring back Murph!

The reunion of Bill Worrell and Calvin Murphy made me realize how much I missed the duo. If you would like to see Calvin Murphy as the telecast color commentator, then sign my petition below:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-back-murph

Let Mr. Alexander here our voices. Bring back Murph!

2 people like this.
  11. RyanB

RyanB Member

Never listened to Calvin until last night
    really appreciated it
    should sign a petition to get him back!

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

Please keep Calvin and lose Clyde it was the first time i've enjoyed listening to the commentators in a long time.

13. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Did anyone start the petition yet??? I'd be willing to sign it as well.

14. Postpremium

Postpremium Member

15. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

Calvin Murphy is not only a Houston basketball legend, but one of, if not the best color commentator around. He is incredibly entertaining, knowledgeable, and a great compliment to Bill Worrell. I hope that the Rockets organization moves towards bringing him back as the permanent TV partner with Worrell. Bullard is good too but Drexler has GOT TO GO.

16. Tacoma Rocket

Tacoma Rocket Member

I agree. I do like Bullard, but Clyde is awful. As for Murph, yes, please bring him back. I knew there would be a post about this. I was so excited about him returning and he did not disappoint.

I also agree with the uniform change back to the old days. I never understood why we changed after winning 2 championships. We haven't made it back since!

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Signed and rep'ed.

18. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Calvin and Bill are just plain the ultimate crew. I really like Bullard's commentary too, but Calvin's analysis and humor just sync with me.

Last night i felt like i was Linus from the peanuts who grew up and at age 40 found his old blanket again. I don't think i've hung on every word of a commentary ever in my life not even the championship years. I think it was because i knew this was just a special treat that i wouldn't get to hear again.

Tremendous night.

19. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

Just signed the petition.

Guys, if you're posting on this thread and NOT signing the petition, I'd say poor use of your time.

LET'S GET HIM BACK!!!!

20. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member