1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Living in Houston with MLB.TV package

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Clutch City1993, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Trying to avoid having a cable bill here in Houston. Can I still watch Astro games and avoid blackouts with MLB.TV?

Also, what about the Rockets with NBA league pass?

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I believe all Astros and Rockets games are blacked out if they are televised on Roots Sports

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The games are blacked out. You could use a VPN or proxy but I believe that doing so violates the terms of service.

4. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

This. It's possible but can be a pain. I used to have to use a VPN for league pass to watch the rockets and ran an hdmi cable to my tv every game.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Does Ballstreams have a MLB package?

6. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

They do not. They have a hockey version however

7. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Beyond what everyone else has said above, if you're buying both MLB.TV and League Pass, it's not going to be all that much cheaper than a cable package for the tier Root Sports is on, particularly if you are also subscribed to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime video, or some combination of the aforementioned and other streaming services.

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I have a VPN and MLB.TV. I never need to use it though since I don't care for the Astros, but I've tried it. Works pretty well.

9. jsdub525

jsdub525 Member

Wait until the yearly Father's Day special and get mlb.tv for half off. Use a proxy service on your router (mine is $5 a month). You're welcome.