1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else feel like we're destined for another 1st round exit?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Mar 15, 2015.

1. rocketsmetalspd

It seems like the Rockets are destined for another first round exit like in past years recently but IF they can get by the first round I can see them getting to the WCF.

2. dmoneybangbang

Playoffs will be all about matchups, I don't think we are destined to be knocked off. It certainly is more probable than last year, despite us being better, since the top 8 teams will be so tough.

3. RYAN3053

RYAN3053 Member

GTFO...just based on the pessimistic title.

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I disagree because I think the Rockets have a deep and better roster than last year and because they don't have Jeremy "turnover machine" Lin anymore. Terrence Jones and D-Mo improved and got better than last year, they have Josh Smith who can bring experience and defense. And they have Corey Brewer and Jason Terry who have playoff and championship experience, Corey Brewer is hot right now. And the Beard is playing the best season of his career and i'm sure he learned a lot from last year's playoffs, he'll do better this year. And if Dwight Howard returns 100% healthy they will play better. I honestly think this team has the potential to win in the first round but not in the second round though.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

I always expect the finals every time our team gets to the playoffs. Even in the Franchise/Cat days.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

The West is absolutely BRUTAL. Getting out of the first round is going to very, very hard for ALL the teams in the West. For example if OKC gets the eighth seed, they are going to knock out the Warriors, guaranteed. Several other of the top seeds may not survive. Keys to the Rockets success is the return of a "healthy" Howard and revitalized Harden. Today's win was Big in a number of ways. It stopped the free fall, huge morale builder. I actually agree that it doesn't look good for the Rockets, but I am not sure it "looks" good for any of the teams in the West. Watch out for SA and OKC as spoilers.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's the McHale effect. When your game to game strategy is "let's play harder" and "let's play with energy" then you're right to lack confidence.

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We will get past the 1st RD thanks to having a bench.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Destined? No. Our defense will show up. Now if our offense also click...

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Mindset of a lot of people could have been the complete opposite, had we lost today. Remember though, even though we didn't have Howard, they didn't have Crawford, who usually loves to go off against us.

11. anchel

anchel Member

And them without Jamal Crawford, probably the biggest Rockets killer in current NBA. Honestly, I wouldn't bet my money on Houston at a potential series against Clippers.

12. MoonieMac10

MoonieMac10 Member

Actually I think we would be one of the biggest threats along with the Thunder, cause nobody else is adding All-NBA caliber players before the playoffs.

13. baubo

baubo Member

You seem to be the only fan here who consistently present what coaches say on the microphone as "facts" despite the fact that no fans actually take those words at face value. Why is it that in D&D, you seem to absolutely hate the political spin through lack of context, yet hypocritically use such spin yourself in GARM to promote your constant agenda that McHale isn't even smart enough to tie his own shoes?

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Had OP been banned yet?

15. baubo

baubo Member

I think the Rockets are one player away from getting past the first round. I think a center who's capable of playing elite defense, great in the P&R, finish at the basket, rebound may help us move forward.

If only such a center exist and may join the team before the playoffs.

16. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

If we play good defense i am confident, ariza is an elite stopper and with dwight back the d should be better. Just ride james on offense and we will score enough to win.

considering the off-season we had i honwstly didn't expect us to do this well, i feel now the obly thing holding us back now is our coach. If we can get the right matchup we will be fine

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Other playoff teams have weaknesses too depends on who we play and whose more motivated.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I am expecting nothing less than a WCF appearance at the least.

This roster is stacked all around with MVP candidate, two of the top 10 players in the world, great role players, great bench, elite defensive wings.

However, with McHale being there, I am not confident at all. COACHING does MATTER in the playoffs (contrary to what Morey and McHale apologists think) when opposing teams tend to scout you and ONLY you and can make adjustments over 7 games and unfortunately we have the WORST coach amongst ALL playoff teams.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Leave the D & D crap in the D & D. Don't bring that **** to the GARM

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

How is it arguable? Who played near Dwight's level?