1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Banshee (Tv Series)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Feb 22, 2013.

1. krouchchocolate

I hope job doesn't die!

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yep.

Best show on TV. I think it's approaching Breaking Bad territory for me, to be honest.

3. krouchchocolate

Very good show. I love it.

4. nono

nono Member

The finale has received extremely positive reviews, as far as I have seen. Things are really looking up for this show imo.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Was that the season finale? I guess I should have figured given all that happened and the brutal ending. Definitely one of the best shows on television.

6. ds888

ds888 Contributing Member

Definitely one of my favorite shows!

Season 4 is only going to be 8 episodes. I'm not sure how they'll be able to cram all that action and story in 2 less episodes.

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

They say why?

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Just got around to it. Damn fine season finale. Only the brotherhood part was pretty predictable given the similar nature to what happened at the end of season 2.

9. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

The season finale did not disappoint and in fact exceeded my expectations. Not sure how Hood plans on getting Job back?? There is really no need for the Hacker guy that took Job to need anything from Hood.

Hoods backstory in the military was great. Want to find out more about that. What kind of super elusive team was he being recruited for? Actually want to find out more of Job and Hortons backstory as well. What are the thoughts of Hood not being the Sherriff anymore? Was great how they ended the episode with Kai saying he also thought it was best that Hood was no longer the Sherriff. Like he could use a man like Hood on his team.

Disappointed to hear that Season 4 will only be 8 episodes. Just curious where did you read that? When do they plan on premiering Season 4?

Another vote for the best show on TV. This show just goes 100mph and is a non stop thrill ride! Absolutely fantastic! Keep telling all my friends to watch this show.

10. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Still very underrated show. Not one person I know watches it! I actually looked forward to it each week.

11. ds888

ds888 Contributing Member

I read that's just how many episode Cinemax ordered. Hopefully, that changes. We're going to have to wait until 2016 for season 4.

The executive producer talks about it a bit in this interview, http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03...aitanes-weighs-in-on-shocking-season-3-finale

12. conquistador#11

started watching because of this thread. I've never seen anything like it. so much action. so much sex! and it has a plot. genius.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This past season (the third) is where it really started to shine. Such a great show.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm in the same boat. Only heard of the show from this thread and decided to give it a try from all the action here. Almost done with season two and have found it very enjoyable. Almost like a darker version of Justified.

The premise started off really silly and I almost gave up on it. With a lack of anything else to watch, I kept at it until it got good when Rabbit and Olek entered into the picture. Season two has been much better.

Rebecca is #1. Nola is a close second. Siobhan third. Ana is better clothed.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Oh, god...I just finished this episode. Felt so sick after it, too. You could tell the writing on the wall, but to go out like that, just awful. Makes me not want to watch anymore. How could they do her like that?

Some other thoughts so far is I didn't like the character development of Nola and Rebecca. Nola was kind of a nomad badass who popped in and out, but she never had much impact on the show and then it just happens. Then it's forgotten like her character never mattered in the series.

Rebecca started off as a rebellious Amish girl who is trying to find her way in the bigger world. She runs to Kai yet still does her own thing, sort of becoming Kai's foil, the one who can stand up to him and make him change, yet he can't do anything back other than to kill whoever she rides. She hates him, curses him, is emotionally torn up inside. Then she becomes his protege, but gets conflicted every time she gets threatened. She didn't belong in his underworld and should've stayed out. Then she ends up bailing him out and becoming an incest Amish lover? WTF. She should have stayed as his foil and his conscience.

Other than that, I've loved this series since the latter third of the first season. Good plots, action, nudity, overall pretty fun. Don't think I've ever seen something as gut wrenching as S03E05, the Cadi assault. I think this is a better show than GoT, but GoT has the fantasy niche, source content fans, and HBO backing them.

16. Buck Turgidson

It's a fun show and all, but jeeeez.

It's a Sons of Anarchy that doesn't try to take itself as seriously, with a bit less silly writing and without Katey Sagals' horrible acting and singing. And more boobs and blood.

17. Indaface

Indaface Member

Ok so I've been trying to get into this show but don't have Cinemax and couldnt find it on any of the streaming sites (Netflix/hulu/hbo go) anyone know where I can get started on it?

1 person likes this.
  18. conquistador#11

chayton would be the perfect pairing to brian cushing. texans worthy? he does have a temper but the leadership skills are there. Fast, strong, agile and quick with the hands.

eddiewassnubbed is right, the addiction factor for this show reached breaking bad level for me also. I'm not saying the dialogue, just the 'i can't stop watching' factor.

on a side note, Job has to be one of the hardest stick up kids i've seen..Omar little, lafayette, job and mickey.

19. Indaface

Indaface Member

To the guy who sent me the link in rep...thanks brother!

20. Duncan McDonuts

Just finished season 3. I think this show is wonderfully done. Good style and direction as well as action and emotion. Very enjoyable series, I'd probably put it on a great scale like 8.5/10. 10/10s are for Breaking Bad, The Wire, and Chuck (I love that show). If anyone ever reads Alan Sepinwall's reviews on HitFix, I seem to have very similar tastes as he does.

Read up on an interview with the show creator Jonathan Tropper. He expands on a lot of my feelings on the show. Apparently, Nola was cast on another show so her availability was questionable, thus they offed her. I think she could have had more impact on the plot, but Tropper said even getting her for those few episodes this season was difficult.

Tropper also mentioned how episode 5 of season 2 and 3 were done much differently than others, those being the bottle episodes of Carrie and Hood at the house and the Cadi assault. I LOVED those episodes, thought they were great. Season 2's episode 5 had so much character development and was wonderful to focus on just Carrie and Hood. Season 3's episode 5 was just an awesome action-packed episode with a huge emotional impact, and a great followup episode similar to the what-if scenario. Those episodes were the highlight of the seasons for me.

Tropper goes on to say how Chayton was moreso the climax finale of typical seasons. As a viewer, I agree. The Red Bones storyline was much more of a season-long plot than the military base heist, and I felt it was more satisfying and conclusive. Not to say the heist wasn't good, but it took more of a back seat to everything. I did love the filming direction through body cams and surveillance cams of the heist, though. That was beautiful to watch, similar to True Detective's episode.

Really curious to see where season 4 leads to. Hood is no longer sheriff and they have to find Job. Some criticisms is the lack of focus on Proctor, killing off Gordon, and the neo-nazi story. Proctor is a big baddie that the show often neglects on how he fits into the multi-season story arc. Half the season, they gun for him, then he gets off and becomes ignored as the protagonists take on different antagonists. Proctor is similar to Boyd from Justified, but Boyd integrates with Raylan much better than Proctor does with Hood. I didn't like them killing Gordon because it seems too convenient to lose the Hood vs. Gordon dynamic of who gets Carrie or raises Deva. Gordon just became a badass this season only to get killed. And introducing Bunker with the neo-Nazis didn't seem like an organic addition, rather felt like adding him only to bring in a new antagonist/plot line. Still a great show!