1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That New Orleans pick is starting to look good.... (FINAL: Will be 18th pick)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

KJ can play both SF and SG.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

So can Brewer, most SF and SG are interchangeable. Why they are also called wings.

3. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

Brewer can play the 2 and 3. McDaniels can play the 2 and 3

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Didn't mean to start a position war, I get it KJ and Brewer are versatile. But I really like Winslow as a prospect, gets to the hoop, plays defense can hit spot up threes and is a good rebounder.

5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Most two guards that height come in that size. He can bulk up just like every player.

6. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

I want Devin Booker at 14 if he decides to come out. Dude is the perfect fit for our team. Klay Thompson 2.0

7. basketballholic

Booker not quick enough. Spot up shooter at the next level. Handle mediocre. Slow-footed. Short arms. Great shooter.

Booker can't play the point.

#207 basketballholic, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  8. apugh832

apugh832 Member

With the Pelicans pick in the late lotto I want Isaiah Taylor out of Texas.

6'3. Speedy PG. Not a great shooter (solid mechanics), but neither was Teague, nor Conley at first entering the league, but they could NOT be contained especially in transition and had a real feel and natural ability to create and make plays for teammates around them. Same things discussed the other night while watching Dennis Schroeder. Similarities to all three, a speedy playmaker.

Isaiah Taylor the playmaker to put beside James Harden???

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Taylor is nice player, has more upside than even Tyus Jones IMO. But Booker is still good option if all primary targets are gone. Both players would need to add more strength to play at next level. Still like Porzingas, Hezonja, Winslow or Stanley Johnson better with NOP 1st.

Then Rozier and/or Pettaway at the top of the 2nd.

10. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

Can someone help me out? After the moves morey made at this years trade deadline, what draft picks for this coming draft do we have in the 2nd round? Do we still have NY's pick/picks?

11. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Just
    -pelicans picks (1st) top3 protected and 20-30 protected
    How we got it
    Traded Omer Asik, Omri Casspi, $1.5M cash considerations in a 3-team trade with Pelicans, Wizards for Trevor Ariza, Alonzo Gee, Scotty Hopson, 2015 first round pick (from Pelicans) (protected top 3 and 20-30 in 2015-18, top 3 and 25-30 in 2019-20, else 2020 second round pick and 2021 second round pick) (?-?) on 2014-07-14

- Knicks pick (2nd) unprotected.
    How we got it
    Traded Marcus Camby to Knicks for Toney Douglas, Jerome Jordan, Josh Harrellson, 2014 second round pick (#42-Nick Johnson), 2015 second round pick (?-?) on 2012-07-11

#211 Voice of Aus, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Plus any 2nd rounders that Morey may want to buy/trade for.

13. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Everybody is talking about who we should draft, while I'm convinced Morey trades the pick.

We will still be in win now mode and Morey won't want to put that cap space towards someone who most likely will spend the majority of the season in the D-League. Maybe Morey gets a draft and stash, but those are usually second round picks.

I believe Morey never had the intention of keeping the pick. He wanted to package it for a win now player. It's very similar to what Hinkie is doing in Philly. They know that picks are the best assets, not players, because picks give other GMs options. What would you rather have, a $20,000 dollar car or $20,000 dollars to buy a car? The latter or course

Morey could try to trade up to a top 5 pick because that would give him someone who might be able to contribute at a low price, but that is unlikely given his track record of moving up. He probably doesn't have the assets as well.

I think Morey will trade the pick for another team's 2016 first round pick.

14. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

For me I want some red flags on Russell so we can take him;)

15. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

According to UK, Booker is now 206lbs.

16. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

Cool - thanks buddy. Mid first rounder and high 2nd rounder. Morey could turn these into some gems if past history is any indicator

17. basketballholic

18. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I'll be completely surprised if they keep this Nola pick. The Knick's 2nd rounder has gotta be like gold to Morey.

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

You think we bring in one of the Harrison twins from UK?

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Surprised if they keep it? What... are they going to just turn it down, and not sign the player?

Look, if there isn't a significant trade to make with it involved, they aren't moving it, and there is a real possibility that there wont be that major deal happening especially with the emphasis on free agency in 2016. Its not like the Rockets are NOT going to need players next year.

Keep in mind that-

-Brewer
    -Smith
    -Terry
    -Papanikolaou (Team option)
    -Prigioni (partially guaranteed)
    -Beverley (RFA)
    -McDaniels (RFA)

all might be gone. There could be a real need to revamp with young talent.

I would have to think that McDaniels is going to be brought back. They didn't trade for him just to let him sit on the bench, and leave in free agency. I think he replaces Brewer, or they trade Ariza to open up minutes.

Needless to say I would be pretty surprised if we didn't see a completely new supporting cast around -

Harden, Howard, Ariza, D-Mo, Jones, Capela, Johnson (and he might be questionable to make the roster next year). Adding a lottery pick (especially one that can play now), and a solid 2nd rounder might just be what the doctor ordered.