1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fitness Ball Chair as a home office chair - worth it?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Why why why would people spend that much on a chair... (i know theres probably good reasons but im just shocked)

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

It actually isn't that much when you consider the value of use. Some people sit at their computer terminals for work (or Clutchfans) like 12 hours a day. A good chair will last you a while. Heck, people spend 700 USD on an Iphone and you might get rid of it within 3 years.

1 person likes this.
  3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

that's kind of the point :p

We're always sitting, so standing has become uncomfortable because we've adapted a sitting posture. It's uncomfortable because we can't deal with not having the support.

Why not get a standing desk, so you can stand as much as you can take? You can always add a chair or a ball to it, as many are adjustable. Ease into it.

4. killtaker

killtaker Contributing Member

I will vouch for adjustable standing desks.

My company provided me one after major back surgery and it's really been great. Can adjust the desk to any height with the push of a button so you choose how you need to work.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Where exactly do I find standing desks?

6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I have an adjustable desk at work. IMHO the purpose of a work chair is to help you focus on work, not focus on building your core. Do that own your own time.

7. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

One of my coworkers just had back surgery and needs the standing desk. He seems to like it, and it's very easy to set up

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

My old boss used to have a standing desk. Looked kind of weird when everyone else was sitting and you look in her office and she's standing, leaning on her desk. But that's also the first time I've heard of a standing desk.

She's also made me work on her desk while she's out a few times to finish up reports or do some database work. Very weird. I would rather sit down and do it.

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

Neither frys or office depot had a standing desk.

10. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look for the Bekant desk at IKEA. Reasonably priced automatically adjustable standing desk.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Amortize the cost over 10-15 years or however long you expect to work at the same desk or office.

12. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Jontro gonna Jontro.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

People spend 10+hours sitting a day. An hour workout isn't overriding 10+hrs, that's why they're looking to cut into the working time.