1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is GARBAGE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JLPITCO, Feb 20, 2015.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

if the defense is pressing, i'd still take ariza to take care of the ball, to not get it stolen, or make a solid basketball play over beverley being pressured. it's already evident any game when beverley sees/shows any kind of pressure. he gives the ball up as fast as he can or gets rattled.

2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

With harden out the down side of Bev-Ariza raised it's head. When both are going screws loose bad news. Somebody please tell me when Ariza learned to lean over, move slowly then make a pass that is 3 feet from where he wants it to go ?

Yes I want bev off the bench. Yes i want to keep him. Given the fast crumbling that happened last night, I really wanted prig in there to stop the bleeding by handling the ball. Oh well. he HAS shown that extra intelligence on when to and when NOT to pass, and please stop picking up your dribbles. Yikes ! it is what it is.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Bev fills this team's needs at the PG position perfectly. In a backup role.

That said, he's far from garbage.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

"Garbage" is the OP's basketball IQ. Bev complements Harden extremely well. He may be playing too many minutes however because his D has suffered and his O has become increasingly streaky. He is at his best when he can get into his opponent's head instead of when they get into his head. D takes a lot of energy, both physically and emotionally.

If he can play a few minutes less (25-30 minutes instead of 30-35 minutes) he will get back to being Mr. 94 Feet instead of trying to live up to Wolverine.

5. vbpepper

vbpepper Contributing Member

Nothing is going to change this year. Too much internal/external friction from Beverly if he was told he was coming off the bench the rest of the year, and McHale inserts priglioni to start, which he should. Too late in season to do this and expect good results. Hopefully next year we'll have a real point guard, and hopefully can keep Beverly to be our new bench head band. On another note, his hair could use the headband.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He's coming alive lately.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

There is no way Prigs deserves to start over Bev. Prigs is a very good ball handler and savvy vet, but his O and D are overrated. He does not deserve more than 10 minutes, never mind starter's minutes on top of that. Prigs needs to fix that shot put that he calls a trey before he can even be considered for more than 10 minutes. Love his intangibles but he needs more tangibles.

8. goyao11

goyao11 Member

I've never been a big Bev fan, but there's no way in hell Prigs is better than Bev.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why didn't we get that charge??????

Rocket River

10. RESINator

RESINator Member

Meanwhile Canaan is going off on OKC right now. 29 points!

11. kunene

kunene Member

Listened to ESPN radio in Dallas this morning. Always enjoy their show after they lose. They ranked Pat Bev ahead of Rondo by 2 spots. Had Bev at 10 and Rondo at 13. They're hating on Rondo big time in Dallas. "Poor shooter" "bad spacer" "bad player" "worse than Jameer Nelson" lol. If Rondo was on this team, the "Rajon Rondo is GARBAGE" thread would be at least 80 pages long.

12. theredbackpack

obviously not a mavs fan but i would feel confident in saying that nelson probably ~has~ been the best PG for them this year. he played his role well. in a sense you could almost think of him as a lesser bev to the mavs, playing PG as almost a role player would and letting ellis/parsons/chandler/dirk do the heavy lifting.

oh god i just accidentally complimented dallas didn't i

13. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

Tonight against the Nuggets he has 5 pts, 3 TO's, and 2 assists. Every now and again he has a descent game but I really don't understand why this guy gets so many minutes. I'm really curious what Johnson could do given the consistent minutes. Oops... one more TO for Bev to make 4 for the night. So 5 points and 4 TO's with 30 seconds left.

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Ty Lawson is the Nuggets' biggest threat and Bev held him to 5-14. Lawson's biggest strength is his penetration and Bev limited those opportunities.

15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Bev is end of the bench bad these days. Not even good enough to be a solid back up on a good team.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Beverly is one of the worst passing PG's I have ever seen.

17. kcarro

kcarro Member

Yes he is garbage

18. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

Bev did what he is paid to do tonight.

Ty Lawson is Denver's best player. Bev completely shut him down tonight.

I called that mission accomplished.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Played good defense on Lawson. Played with a preschool level IQ offensively. The beat goes on...

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>1998 - 1999 Topps Finest Bryce Drew Houston Rockets #241 Basketball Card <a href="http://t.co/TmNUAFnZO4">http://t.co/TmNUAFnZO4</a> <a href="http://t.co/wUgmnCu537">pic.twitter.com/wUgmnCu537</a></p>&mdash; prodigious auctions (@limascaifas) <a href="https://twitter.com/limascaifas/status/574604529641078784">March 8, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>