1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I know we won but the refs sucked today....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cml750, Mar 1, 2015.

1. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I think it cut both ways. Rockets got half again as many free throws as the Cavs and were whistled for 9 less fouls. It was inconsistent reffing more than it was one-sided. Let everyone get away with murder for the first half, and then act shocked and throw out whistles everywhere when that lead to a ton of chippy BS.

I understand what they were going for with that oddball hooking play - personally I think Harden initiated the entirety of that contact, he shouldn't have entirely given up on the play looking for a whistle, and a travel would have been the best call. Very weird that they got confused and TOTALLY swallowed the whistle, though, if it's not a foul it's obviously a travel.

To the Cavs favor side, they definitely had the kid gloves on for Lebron after the tech.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

Probably so. They are thinking if the refs would have given Lebron 5 or 6 more fouls maybe he could have sunk a free throw;). On a serious note, they have nothing to complain about as their superstar should have been ejected.

3. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Someone explain to the nut-kick play to me. Is it even possible to get called for a flagrant foul after the whistle? I watched the play again, and the whistle was blown as Harden went to the ground, then the groin contact with Lebron, then the 'T' gesture by the ref. Shouldn't that be just a technical foul? There was never an indication of what the initial call was. Defensive foul? Offensive foul? Travel? Instead, the cavs get 2 free throws and the ball.

4. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

It definitely looked like Harden was about to blow by him (again). I was just trying to find justification on why on Earth it was a no call. Honestly, I think the only two people that know exactly how that play went down are LeBron and Harden.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That was absolutely 100% a Lebron hooked him as he was blowing him by and then act innocent play, their arms got caught up as he reached in and Harden crossed him over and left him flat footed, that was a really really bad defensive play by Lebron the refs bailed him out of. Cleveland had a foul to give, and if Harden doesn't get grabbed the game was over. If the refs call that a foul, it was just a side out of bounds and Cleveland still have a shot.

6. Nivos

Nivos Member

Don't know what you're talking about.
    One of the best officiated games I've seen in a while.
    They let the game to be played tough, like it should be, but never let it get out of hand. They didn't fell for flops and even the no call when harden tried to tangle himself in Lebron's arm was a great no call.
    Refs were on top of it all night long.
    I just love it when the Rockets play scrappy, strong and aggresive. The negative of last year.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

That Harden Lebron play to me just seemed like Lebron had to be reaching at least a little for their arms to lock up. Harden certainly did his part as usual to make the refs see for sure that a foul happened, but to me Lebron had to be reaching for that to happen.

8. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

One of the worst non-calls in NBA history.

Also, there was one where Harden got called for a foul on Lebron for basically doing nothing. Another terrible call.

The Lebron on national TV/hate Rocket/can't eject Lebron/screw over the Rockets agenda was out in the full force.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Not a little, he was reaching

[​IMG]

If their arms don't lock up, it's just Harden with Love in the way, which was basically an automatic 2 points.

It was a deliberate foul by Lebron since we weren't in the penalty.

10. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

i really dont understand that lockup not being a foul on either of them, how its a non call i have no idea. Basketball is a non contact sport, there is a lot of contract being made there, whether the contact is initiated by harden or james. It should of been a foul on someone

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

You could see the ref thinking that the call should go to the superstar in those tangle ups. He froze because he couldn't figure out which one it was.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

seriously what the **** was that

I mean at least call something, because it was either a foul on Lebron or a travel on Harden

he just froze and did nothing..

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Nah bro Lebron grab the man . He was doing that as well as pushing off the entire game. It's call old school ball

14. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

even kevin has a wtf is going on face in the background

15. wise_man

wise_man Member

In a way im glad lebron was not ejected, other wise that would have been an excuse for the loss. Bottom line we beat the cavs with lebron and we sweep the season series. No more room for excuses.

16. CertifiedTroll

It was either a foul on Lebron, a foul on Harden, or a travel by Harden. Instead the refs decided to deep throat their whistles.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

Thanks LeBron, we could 'v lost so easily if you let K.L does his things . He was basically almost unstoppable .

18. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

guys guys... let's be happy here on a Monday. Houston won!

Here is something to cheer you up!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. battousai

battousai Member

Let me point this out to ya all. If Lebron didnt missed so many free throws in that game, we would left losing. The Refs were so biased against rockets when it comes to Lebron. His scuffles with Bev should of been a T on Lebron as well. His lockup with Harden!!!! come on, it lasted for at least 2 to 3 seconds on national TV for crying out loud. That should of been some sort of Flag 1 on both players. That Kick from Harden was the right call eventhough it was not intentional. There were couple of hard pushing from Lebron to Ariza wasnt called. Yup, they gave Lebron the star treatment.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The nba is self policing itself... What a joke. They will not say anything bad about the way the refs behaved. It's like a criminal giving himself a trial.