1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if nachbar does nothing again today...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrgoubople1, Jul 15, 2003.

1. SLA

SLA Member

I saw him on the Jim Rome show.

He is pretty fast to me....was going right by Luke Walton. But of course......they doubleteamed Nachbar and then he didn't know what to do and lost the ball.

I think he just has to get more experience and learn the game...

"hopefully he can get it together"

2. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Texas stroke you are way off base and incomplete in your read on Tmo.

3. SLA

SLA Member

I agree. Morris was one of our best and most fundamental shooters last season. In my opinion....he's better than Stephen Jackson! And there's no news on him! :(

When's the next game?

4. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

I say that he should be farther along on his development, but the lightbulb doesn't always come on immediately for all players. I don't want to say he's a bust, but not being able to put up any sort of numbers against the scrubs in summer league play is not a good sign at all.

5. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A wile back I ran a post showing the number 13, 14 and 15 picks for the last 10 years. As I remember about half were well defined by "who". I think three or four went on to be all star quality and about 10 had real careers.

Point is; no guarantees at number 14. I have to think that if Boki had NBA talent, Rudy would have played him last year. In light of that I say he is a bust and sugest we trade him to the Clippers for Elton Brand one on one. They want to save salary, right. Ok how about a three way with Minnesota for KG. We can throw in Hawkins if needed, thoough I hate to lose his defense.:rolleyes:

6. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

It's hard to show much of anything when your forced to play one on five.

7. Fredterp

Fredterp Member

Thanks, Chucky Brown. Maybe I can root for Steve Francis if Terence doesn't come back. Steve Francis is from my alma mater, Montgomery Blair High School in Silver Spring, Md (just out of Wash, DC). Terence played with my son back in Frederick, Md at Thomas Johnson HS. Terence is a great guy, always has time for others.

Chucky, I speculate you root for NC State. I once attended a NCAA Regional at Morgantown,WV in the early 70's. I was told that NC State had a freshman player who could take a quarter off the top of the backboard and LEAVE THE CHANGE! They were right, the player was DAVID THOMPSON. He was in a class by himself. One of best I ever saw which included Jerry West. FREDTERP

8. CRC

CRC Member

If Nachbar does nothing again today I'll simply eat more snackbar & get on with it...

9. Miggidy Markell

I just want to know how Boki can brick so many shots yet hits 23 from 25 3's in a shooting drill..... or something along those lines last season....

10. munco

munco Member

actually the summer league is full of back ups of back ups, and he's not schoolin em.

I think it's not time to write Boki off yet, but...

if he can't score against guys that probably won't be in the NBA, he could be in trouble. we're not talking about bruce bowen or scottie pippen here.

let's give him some more time though, it's not like we have much of a choice anyways.

regarding Tmo, the guy was a good shooter for us last year. not a great shooter, but he seemed to be able to hit the open jumper. on top of that, he played hard and gave us good minutes.

11. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Nachbar is payment for some debt to a gypsy fortune teller Rudy owed on a trip through southeastern Europe... ;)

The guy probably will still be lugging Rice's sack around this year... :p

12. jshabang

jshabang Member

Let me put this in Perspective for ya LA.............

There's other guys on other teams that are forced to play one on five also, and they are showin a pulse.......

Dude I just want the guy to show a pulse...........

Stop makin excuses for the Guy, I'M NOT ASKIN FOR ALL STAR NUMBERS...............but there is no excuse for not averagin at least 8 to 10 points a game

Let me put it in even more perspective for you

SECOND YEAR GUYS TEARIN IT UP, former SCRUBS

Melvin Ely
    Chris Wilcox
    JR Bremer
    Z randolph

These scrubs(with the exception of Randolph) are tearin the summer league apart, all road the bench last season just like Boki, and there not makin excuses.........................................................They're takin advantage of the oppurtunity given them, like Boki should be doin

:mad: