1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey is so overrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Feb 23, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

People are still whining about Canaan?

Some people just complain for the sake of complaining...

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Some people still whine about Patterson....No matter how ridiculous a take you can think of, you can always find someone to support it whole heartedly.

3. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

lolol.....This is so true I literally laughed out loud. I just blows me away to think that people can be so social r****ded. I TOO, am embarrassed to share my Rocket love with the OP and ashamed to be ClutchFans associates. *farts*

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Even if you think he's good, we got someone good in return

5. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Every media person I have heard has said it was a steal by Morey. Everything the media says isnt true but they arent emtionaly invested in Cannan as the posters here apear to be.

6. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Exactly. We could sign Rafer off the blacktop, and not really even notice much of a drop off.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

And you think CF(or fans in general) has the patience to wait out a rebuild. :p:grin::grin::grin:

Tanking guarantees nothing.

Sorry, the OKC model is not one easily duplicated.

Kevin Durant(2007: 1-2), Russell Westbrook(2008: 1-4), James Harden(2009: 1-3)

Hindsight is great. ;)

But otherwise, yeah, Morey is generally overrated.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think DD is still whining about Boki.....

Seriously, I think people here have a tendency to slightly overrate our non-rotational players.

9. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

We need to fire Daryl Morey and hire Mr. Retrospect as GM.

10. Nero

Nero Member

Could we maybe get Clutch to make another BBS which kinda pretty much LOOKS like Clutchfans, but would be a different place altogether, and verrrrry subtly change the links for the major dumbasses like the OP, so they can all end up on that one website, and the Rox fans with actual functioning brains could stay here?

Seriously, is it really like this in every city? It's ridiculous how many alleged Rockets fans apparently need to remove their shoes and socks if they want to count higher than ten.

I guess PT Barnum had it right - never underestimate the power of stupidity.

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Every year as employees we are rated by leadership on being able to deliver and develop. We are rated on a scale of 1 - 4 with 1 being the highest. 10% of employees are rated 1, 30% are rated 2's, and 50% 3's and 10% are 4's and fired annually.

So if we are rating Morey in the following categories:

1. Delivering Results (Winning Record, Division, Playoffs, Championship) - Rate as a 3
    2. Developing People (Acquiring Talent, Molding, Coaching Staff, Developing, Players/Staff etc..) - Rate as a 2

BTW, I would love to know what Les rates Morey on and how Morey rates the coaching staff / players.

12. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

LOL kind of a bizarro BBS. That would be great!

I've also wondered if it really is like this in other NBA cities?

Can people really be that stupid?

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

At some point Maury's fans need to realize they can't make excuses forever. Now the team is even implementing Maury's style of play and jacking up a bunch of 3s (btw no team has ever won a title this way), which is why he was enthusiastic about extending McFail...since the latter allowed for Maury's basketball "philosophy" to be imposed on him.

Lol @ the delusional fans who have convinced themselves that the rockets are contenders. The only thing that this team under the current coach, gm, and owner are contending for is a first rd exit from the playoffs with an outside chance of making it to the 2nd rd if they play another pretender like Dallas. But, hey, there's always that Pelicans lottery pick to look forward to!

15. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

This post shows how stupid OP is. I have nothing particularly constructive to add otherwise because this level of incompetence unfortunately means any rationale or explanation will be futile.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Regardless of who we sign or miss out on, I believe the Rockets can win it all and will win it all until they don't. We are 3rd place in a STACKED Western Conference. We have a legitimate superstar approaching his prime and having an unbelievable season in James Harden. Some players (not all) want to come to Houston to play (Brewer, Terry, Smith). Life as a Rockets fan is good. If you can't get behind that, maybe you should just find another team. Rockets only need fans who believe in them, not petulant armchair GM's perpetually whining on the internet.

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

averaging 12ppg 2apg as a starter, is not being on fire, and you obviously haven't seen Prigioni play

you must be a big believer in hindsight, if you could see the future you are doing great.

Morey got us in to this position by smart trading

Canaan isn't a good defender either but you go on about Terry and Prigioni's defence lol

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Somebody needs to give you a dose of reality since objective analysis is something that's lacking around here. If you truly believe the Rockets are legit contenders to win an NBA title this year, you can currently get 30-1 odds on that. I suggest you put a $1,000 on it and post the ticket. If you can't get behind that, maybe you should just find another team. Rockets only need fans who believe in them.

19. Jakey

Jakey Member

Well said and could not agree more. Takes all types of people to make the world go around I guess and internet trolls are one of them. Just have to put up with their stupidity until Clutch bans them for trolling too much.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If you need someone to tell you that being a fan is not about being objective, but rather simply supporting and believing in the team you claim to be a fan of. Consider it like a parent supporting their child or a child believing in their parents. If I tell my mom I will be an NBA player, she's not going to mortgage the house to finance that future, but she will drive me to practice and cheer for me during the games regardless of whether or not I win or lose. I could care less what odds Vegas has the Rockets at. It won't stop me from believing we are contenders. It won't stop me from being we have a chance of winning every single game regardless of how illogical or improbable it might be. Either get behind them or get lost. Your negativity towards the leaves a ton to be desired.