1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

you choose to endure the LOF by being in a thread about Lin. Do you not see the irony?

2. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

It doesn't actually cost YOU anything. And your analogy is absurd...no one pays anyone $15mil to take care of investments and make good stock choices...but many people would pay $15mil for the chance of a $100mil return with 1/5 odds.

Plenty of people pay tons of money for inconsistent results...see all the venture capitalists in silicon valley. They have more failures than successes, but the successes have made them billionaires.

3. RESINator

RESINator Member

Lin apologists here are so similar to the McFail and Le$ apologists. All blinded by narrow minded thinking.

4. THE_TRUTH_HURTS

lol, ok, pick any profession where being paid a lot of money for performance matters.

a chef who only cooks one good meal out of 5
    a mechanic who only repairs one good car out of 5

I could go on and on and on.

You're right. We gambled on someone to make $100 mil and lost with that loser. GTFO

5. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fn4jIlFwuLU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

He's got $25 mil in the bank...so I think out of the three of us, he's the only one winning. And that seems to make you mad.

7. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

You know it's been a bad season for the Lakers when their network tweets this:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="http://t.co/OXCf6lL2JZ">pic.twitter.com/OXCf6lL2JZ</a></p>&mdash; TWC SportsNet (@TWCSportsNet) <a href="https://twitter.com/TWCSportsNet/status/569726228787281920">February 23, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

"Are you not entertained?"

9. THE_TRUTH_HURTS

Yes, it makes me mad because for the 25 million, we could have actually had an NBA quality pg who doesn't come with idiot fans. you know, fans who actually don't blame racism for why their idol isn't succeeding.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

11. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

That one good meal must be delicious. LOL

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

You can't have linsanity when you consistently play like an MVP

you only have linsanity when you start from the dleague and play unexpectedly well for a dozen games

1 person likes this.
  13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

... And then disappear for a few years, and then play well for a couple of games.

14. Rox23

Rox23 Member

What makes Lin exciting to watch is the "could be" of his inconsistent play. He shoots 0-6 with 5 turnovers one game and the next he shoots 9 of 12 with 6 assists! It's because of his confidence. You say to yourself "if this guy could only play with the confidence he had during Linsanity, he could be an all star". Because he always keeps you guessing it's hard to put a finger on his true potential. This makes an intrigue to watch.

15. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Last I checked that $25 mil is no longer on the roster and we still don't have an NBA quality pg.

I think very few of his fans blame racism for Lin not succeeding. And by all accounts, actually making it to the NBA is an accomplishment...unless you think the only reason he's in the league is because he's asian and it's a marketer's dream...then I would ask who the real racist is...

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I prefer to root for consistent players who grow and get better every year.

You may have a predisposition for gambling.

17. THE_TRUTH_HURTS

wtf are you talking about?

Yes our pg is struggling, but his price tag is nowhere near what Lin's was. His fans also don't demand that we alter our entire offense to suit him. Are you debating that fact that Lin is/was overpaid?

If you take out that 10 game stretch, Lin has consistently had a PER of less than 15, which is the league average. And yet, he was paid considerably more than many players who play consistently better. Are you telling me that race did not factor into his hype and popularity?

And if you don't think that his fans accuse McHale of racism, you haven't been paying very close attention.

My points are as follows:
    Lin is a below average player and in the bottom tier of point guards
    Lin is disgustingly overpaid
    LOF mainly support him for his race/religion and continue to insist he is a great player even though everything else shows he is far from it

Do you agree or disagree with any of those statements? If you agree then I don't know what you are arguing about. If you disagree no one can help you

18. goyao11

goyao11 Member

If we can get Lin for cheap, he can be a contributor this summer. No matter how much you hate the guy, he's at worst a decent backup. At best, he can get you 38 against the Spurs.

We have no second perimeter player. Unless Harden goes prime Wade on everybody's asses, good teams in the playoffs will slow him down enough with premier defenders and schemes. We're toast if Harden can't blow up... Lin can help take some perimeter pressure off him.

Real Rockets fans don't let an irrational hatred of "XYZ-only Fans" get in the way of acquiring talent who can improve the team.

19. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Why would Jeremy Lin choose the Rockets in free agency? We ditched him twice. I wouldn't work for a company that fired me two times. Would you?