1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is GARBAGE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JLPITCO, Feb 20, 2015.

1. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Lin would **** on Beverley at this point which isn't saying much though. I still can't believe we didn't get a point guard yesterday. Anyone with functioning limbs would be an upgrade. We get ****ing Pablo who is halfway into his grave.

2. Asian Sensation

Anybody know the status of Nate Robinson? He's over a year removed from his knee injury and just a couple years ago he was taking it to the Heat in the playoffs.

Feisty, can knock down the 3, score in bunches as he's able to create his own shot, can penetrate and possesses other PG skills unlike Bev.

If he's remotely healthy I really hope we bring him in. Hell, Nate with 1 leg and his hands tied behind his back is better than Bev at this point. I hated Nate since his college days since he was a rival but there's no doubt he can ball and help this team.

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

Too bad the thread wasn't titled "Patrick Beverley is a JOKE" to rival the Lin thread

4. JLPITCO

JLPITCO Member

When did patrick beverley ever get a triple double? How many double digit point games did he have? I recall a game against the grizzlies... Beverley having 0 points and 0 assisits in 30+ minutes.. even on the lakers as much trash as people talk.. lin is constantly out performing the guards that start over him.. look at tonights game.. clarkson had 5 assists .... lmao.. lin 18 points. If lin had the full green light and faith in him that we put in pat bev.... the way lin played made dwight howard a much better player as well... how do people not see this? Dwight is virtually not effective on a set defence... lin consistantly gave howard opportunities to thrive the way he pushed the ball on offence.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

hey, don't pick on Pablo.

Not his fault Morey couldn't do better. It's not Pablo's fault he has to rescue us from our stupidity.

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

pls go back to where you came from.

Lin no longer lives here. He's not coming back. And we're not asking him to.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

bev is still better than lin but he's a backup in this league

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Your brethren can be found here.

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Lin does not belong on this team. We do not need his bad decision making. Right now Beverly is being over exerted on the defensive end. He is also doing it at heavy minutes for a very prolonged amount of time because a 38 year old Terry is not going to pick up that slack. Canaan also had no idea how to guard another team's pg. This is where I hope Nick Johnson somehow gets a more consistent offensive game. He shows determination to play on both sides and I feel given a chance will be an awesome pg for us. Beverly does need to be the back up pg of Ariza is starting though. There is just too much emphasis on half court D that we have forgotten to push the ball and pass to get easy buckets. Everyone here talks about how much Harden needs help when we forget Beverly needs minutes relieved too.

10. dianelo

dianelo Member

So much for the all defensive second team. He basically got hyped up by injuring Westbrook in the playoff. Mike Conley and Tony Allen were more deserved.

11. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Don't make the excuse that Beverley is being overplayed. He averages 30 mins per game this season and he literaĺly has the one job on offense; to stand in the corner and shoot.

12. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

I'm probably gonna get some heat for this but man I'm starting to miss Jeremy Lin. *Shivers*

13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Contrary to popular belief, it's okay to believe that they're both garbage...

14. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

its kind of like they are both garbage but beverley is the year old penis and egg lasagna type of garbage

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I took a massive dump at halftime, & even it was more productive then Beverley…

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Hopefully Prigs continues to proud Rockets tradition of back-up PGs outplaying and eventually displacing the starting PG ...

wow, Morey has a streak going. Bev's agent will have to earn his paycheck this summer. His value is sunk.

17. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Did PB regress because he doesn't have competition at his position?

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I wouldn't think this would be the case since he's in a contract year. If this was after he just signed a big contract I would think so.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

For people suggesting Lin...just remember that Lin was passed up by Beverley...chew on those apples for a second. Unfortunately for LOF, it just may be too much to absorb. PB is what he has always been...a below average ball handler, shooter and decision maker. Its the fact that his defense has dropped from all defensive 2nd team to middle of pack is very disappointing.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I'm amaze how bad the PG position has gotten. At one point last season, Bev was even consider possibly the most important player on the team to impact W/L.

At the start of last season, our PG position was actually considered a strength with Bev and Lin rotation.

Lin isn't here, but if he was still here, the free fall from pretty good to garbage over less than an NBA season for two young players is just simply amazing.