1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if nachbar does nothing again today...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrgoubople1, Jul 15, 2003.

1. mrgoubople1

mrgoubople1 Member

then....i hate to say it but he may be a bust. I was reading some old posts about a scrimmage at the beginning of the year and it sounded like he was raw but the scouting report was the same as it is today. he didnt seem to improve much. Hopefully he can get it together

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Let's just cut him, and Moochie while we are at it. Clean house.

3. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

and call back Tmo immediately! Pronto!

4. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

5. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Terrance Morris did not do much in the summer league games yet we had TMo's and FredTerps and the creation of fan clubs for his ass. Give Boki a chance, and dont be like that impatient baldheaded Van Gundy who needs to come up with some new quotes beside saying that "everyday when he wakes up Yao Ming is 7'6" or "Nachbar shoots rotten, rottingly, and just rotten"

I can feel the impatience though, Boki needs to step it up, and soon, or else half of the board will be crying for the Rockets to bring back the ultimate brick layer in Terrance Morris.

edit: see I told you. while i was in the process of typing this one of these guys have already begun with the bring back the ultimate brick layer chant.

#5 Texas Stoke, Jul 15, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2003
  6. yaonotyo

yaonotyo Member

what time is the game on? and on what channel?

7. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Have a little faith. Not everyone will come into the NBA and immediately be good or great.

Sometimes, it takes a while. The "what have you done for me last minute" crowd would have cut J.Oneal in his rookie season, or any number of late bloomers.

I think everyone expected him to be an allstar with Ming and that's just too much to ask for.

It doesn't matter if he plays well or not in the next few summer league games. It matter if after a full active training camp with the new coach and system, and at least some minutes in the regular season, before anyone could give up on the guy.

As for great performers in the summer leagues, some of these haven't done much in the regular seasons. Heck, even on the Rockets teams of late. Didn't Langi do great 2 seasons ago? How about Eddie G. murdering the summer league last year. These performances didn't lead to awesome stuff for neither of these guys.

So bottom line, you never know.

8. Fredterp

Fredterp Member

Texas Stroke where have you been? Terence Morris played good last preseason until his injury put him out. If he is the ultimate bricklayer as you say, how did he become 3rd on the team in overall FG percentage last season? What does that say for the others at his position earning $7-10 M who shot considerably lower at overall FGs. TMo earned $.5M, how is that going to put the team out. I would say the Rockets are getting a great TEAM player at a bargain $.5M. FREDTERP

#8 Fredterp, Jul 15, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2003
  9. The Fever

The Fever Member

Its a summer league. Give the guy a break. He is learning a new system with a bunch of scrubs on his team, I hardly think he qualifies as a bust.

10. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

FredTerp, I have been in reality. Terrancs Morris cannot shoot the ball. Him being 3rd on the team in field goal percentage is like Kelvin Cato being the all time Rockets field percentage leader or leading the league in field goal percentage. I mean come on lets be serious with eachother, Tmo has a really bad bad stroke, that is a fact.. unlike Nachbar who at least has some potetnial in his shot. And its not just Terrance Morris and his lack of shooting ability from the perimeter, but its the lack of emotion he plays with, I mean pump your fists up in the air for once in your life dammit! If you cannot shoot the ball, one better hustle and play with some passion like David Wood or Rodman.. unfortunatly for Terrance Morris he just did not have enough emotion and intensity to make up for his lack of shooting skills. We already have a dude like that on the team and his name is Eddie Griffin so thats why its a good thing to get his twin brother Tmo another opportunity with another team and let him move in a different direction.

11. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Exactly. He's got no skill on his team and he's essentially got to do everything himself. Each player is playing solely for themselves so when Boki gets the ball he might as well be playing 1 on 9. All the summer league is good for is giving a chance to players loke Tito and Badiane to get an invite to camp.

12. jshabang

jshabang Member

People.................

He's not playing well in SUMMER LEAGUE
    which is comprised of many nba wanna bes, has beens, and Rookies.........

If he can't school these guys,
    he'll definately be able to school
    Kobe, T mac, and Ray allen:rolleyes:

13. Nero

Nero Member

Ok. This has got to be one of the STUPIDEST things I have ever seen!

You have a prospect, admittedly drafted a year early by the team,
    who has been patiently waiting his turn, sitting on some pine for a
    YEAR, doing everything that has been asked of him, a guy who
    should really have been a draft pick THIS year, and who has now
    played with scrubs and a brand new staff for a whole whopping
    TWO summer league games, and he has the GALL not to lead the
    universe in scoring, assists, rebounds, and steals, as well as blocked
    shots and minutes played?????

(pause to mourn the passing of any remaining vestiges of intelligence
    in tody's youth)

sigh.

At least mrgoubople1 is not the Star Wars Kid . hehe that would be
    TRUE embarassment.
    (do a google on it, you'll see what I mean)

14. jshabang

jshabang Member

How do you get a chance or a invite...........????????

Playin Well or suckin.........:confused:

Playin well

I thought so;)

15. jshabang

jshabang Member

I don't expect the guy to be scoring 28 ppg, just show a pulse

Hell I'd take 8 to 12 ppg's

Wait until ya'll see this guy play
    you'll see

16. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

In reference to Fredterps post, I really want to say this: Fredterp, you are awesome. I hope you do not split just because Terrence Morris is gone; I really did not watch him closely enough to have an educated take, but I am always psyched on him after reading your posts. Is there anyone else on the Rockets you can latch on to? Hawkins? Someone? Seriously, you need to not leave CC.net, you are a total Chucky Brown Fan Club type of guy. Major props to you.

CBFC

17. The Fever

The Fever Member

Understood, but if you have ever played ball and tried to take a team one on five, you probably didn't have that great of luck. Dan Langhi used to light it up in Summer leagues, and he hasn't done squat in the Show. As long as he is playing some decent defense, getting some rebounds, and not getting hurt, I'm fine with however may points he scores in the summer leagues. He will come into camp with some knowledge of JVG and his work/coaching habits, so he has a leg up. All I'm saying is give the guy 20 games in the regular season, if he still looks like he does now, then I would agree with the bust comment.

Besides that, he doesn't need to school Kobe, TMac or Ray Allen. He just needs to school their backups. SF, Mobley, and Yao need to be able to school Kobe, TMac and Ray Allen.

18. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

All I was trying to say is that there was very little emphasis on team. Of course the players want to play well but they will do it at the expense of their teammates. Each player on the squad is trying to do what they can individually to attract interest from the Rockets or another team. They could care less whether the team wins in a stupid summer league game.

19. jshabang

jshabang Member

Summer League is full of back ups, and he's not schoolin em............;)

20. jshabang

jshabang Member

I could care less if the team wins either..................

I just want him to play well, show me something