1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Almu, Jan 17, 2001.

1. MManal

MManal Member

Azim, my mistake if I called you out incorrectly. I looked through the past threads but this mb does not go back to the Toronto summer. I must have mistaken you for someone else since you vehemently claim to not have made those comments, but I remember those comments as clear as day maybe I got you mixed up with another poster. My message is still the same tho, these ultra Dream loyalists are making me ill.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

2. COACH SAMPSON

COACH SAMPSON Member

Good one Almu, Are you going to the Rockets at Sixers Feb 7, try and make it down there you can meet the current Rockets players after the game with me.

------------------

3. alaskansnowman

35-40 minutes????

Hakeem would not even come close to get that time. He is 38 years old. A 38 year old, especially an injury-plagued Olajuwon, cannot run 35-40 minutes a game.

We have not been freezing Hakeem out on offense. He's gotten plenty of shots, and even plenty of touches in the low post... and he doesn't deserve the low post plays. His dreamshake, just about the only move he does, has vanished. His jump hook, the only good move that he could get off, he doesn't use because he's not confident in his knee. He can't establish any sort of post position. And on top of that, he's very undecisive about his moves.

All that is combined with the fact that he's old & can't run the floor with this new team. He doesn't fit on this team... that's true, but for him to complain about not gettin enough minutes, touches, or different plays or whatever called for him is just not right.

I say, go guide Cato & Collier(mainly Cato) and leave a lasting legacy for this team.

------------------
    PrEsident of The Danforth Langhford FAN CLUB... He IS our future All-Star Small Forward

[This message has been edited by alaskansnowman (edited January 20, 2001).]

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

MManal is that a fact? I live in Dallas so sometimes I don't keep up with the news as much as I should but I do read the Chronical Sports section daily and can't remember reading that. I also don't remember reading it off of any of the other sports lines that I read. I have enjoyed your posts and respect your work on Draftsource.net so please don't be offended but please show me where you have obtained that information.

------------------

5. MManal

MManal Member

crash, that information came from the TBS commentators during the first half of the Rockets-Raptors game this wk. Also, Rudy T's post game comments to Craig Sager when the Hakeem story broke were something along the lines of "If you dont practice, you dont play."

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

6. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Yeah, I agree. I want Hakeem to have the opportunity to produce like I know he can. That is why I want the Rockets to put some serious effort into getting Hakeem involved. If they don't, then he has every right to demand a trade or waiver.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."