1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GQ Magazine] Kevin Durant: "I think I'll Be Alone Forever"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yobod, Feb 19, 2015.

1. yobod

yobod Member

[​IMG]

Kevin Durant may be one of the NBA’s top all-stars, but he’s not too big to admit he is the one responsible for his failed engagement to WNBA player Monica Wright.

“I had a fiancée, but…I really didn’t know how to, like, love her, you know what I’m saying?” the Oklahoma City Thunder forward told GQ magazine. “We just went our separate ways.”

[​IMG]

Durant’s comments come after Wright announced the end of their engagement without mentioning exact reason behind it. Instead, she stated her and Durant were simply going in two different ways. His path, according to Wright, would’ve compromised her faith.

During his interview, Durant mentioned that he popped the question to Wright after being overcome with emotion. Despite being happy about his engagement, Durant maintained that he just didn’t know how to love his then-fiancé the right way.

“We was just hanging out, chilling. And I felt the energy. I felt, like … I need to do this right now. And I just did it. I was like…We’re engaged right now? We’re about to get married? So I was just like, cool! I love this girl. But I didn’t love her the right way,” said the athlete, who revealed that he doesn’t have much hope for love.

As a result, he’s often left wondering if he’ll be alone forever.

“I go to sleep at night, like, ‘Am I gonna be alone forever?’ Am I gonna be alone forever? Am I gonna have kids?” Durant shared. “I feel like there’s no hope. But I still gotta have faith.”

http://blackamericaweb.com/2015/02/19/kevin-durant-owns-up-to-failed-engagement-to-monica-wright-wonders-if-hell-be-alone-forever/

[​IMG]

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'll love you Kevin. Come to the Rockets. We will all love you.

1 person likes this.
  3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

4. Breaker

Breaker Member

Durant is a horndog. He's gonna go on a tear plowing hot snowbunnies hb10 til the day he die

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Just come to Houston bro. See what happen with Harden..

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He wants to get murried

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

too bad Houston got rid of Greg Smith...

8. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

C'mon kevin get murried with Murray in 2016

9. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

He cheated on her right? That was what I'd read.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

With all the girls throwing hot ass at him - it would be hard to find a beautiful, smart, sexy-bodied girl that you can get close to for "real love"

One that would have your babies and love them like no other and be trustworthy and pure while he roads it for the NBA. One that wants you not jus bc of fame and money. How do you get that with all that travel and focus?

Plus Durante may find it hard to stay faithful as many pro athletes do-------due to the rockstar issues and hotel lobby honnies- groupies. (heck most everyday joes have this prob of staying faithful)

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

She wasn't ready for Kevin Durant. Appears to be one of these females that's walking around like she bears no faults when in reality her faith is just plainly her rules that benefit just her and not the both of them. Willing to bet what she wanted she expected to have right then and there.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kevin can come to Houston, live with James Harden and just bang strippers for the rest of their lives.

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

Durant going all emo lately. What's up with this dude?

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He's always been like this lol.
    Just hasn't been vocal about it.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Civil union with JJ Watt in the works?

16. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

My friend had sex with him in college.

She wasn't pretty.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

KlutchQT, Paging KlutchQT

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

b**** pls. You aint fooling nobody but the sheep on here. I read that article where you and the homies was ordering bad b****es full service off the menu.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Tryna pull that innocent card when you out here dissing my boy Dwight. Oldest trick in the book.

20. coffeelover665

Harden knows all about psuedo love. Come to Houston and he'll show you around.