1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

THE ROCKETS FAILED!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Orange, Feb 19, 2015.

1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

While an unpopular view point, I agree with you. Now our team is still to be reckoned with, but I don't think we are the favorites for anything in anyone's mind. Sure, we have a shot, just like almost all of the top 8 teams in the west.

I still think Morey is putting too much stock in waiting on Durant and therefore sacrificing a little bit on this year and next. But who knows what will happen to our players between now and then.

I would have much rather seen a more aggressive move this year that puts us more in the conversation of being a team expected to win it all, and not just an outside shot the same as about 10 other teams.

2. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

And we could be the 7th in a few days, since there are only 2 games between the 3rd seed and the 7th seed.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It certainly has been a disappointing deadline when you consider all of the PG upgrades available and we couldn't get one of them.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

OKC got much better with Lopez. They will be a tough out in the playoffs. Just don't see the Rockets threatening anybody in the West. Right now, we have no center. Think about that.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

OKC got Kanter, not Lopez.

Forget moving closer to a championship, did the Rockets move any closer to getting out of the first round?

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't think it's waiting on Durant given how unrealistic that is at this point, but more of how the salary cap raise will affect the league and the uncertainty it brings to both player signings and team spending.

It's not something you can fully predict with models, so flexibility matters even more in this case in order to swoop up apples that happen to fall out of the cart.

That plus a shaky Dwight makes it harder for Morey to go all-in now than how he tried to do in the offseason earlier.

Assuming all that, it doesn't make swallowing any of this mess easier.

7. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Go back in the whole you crawled out of.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

As much as I hate the knee jerk over simplistic angry subject line....it's how I feel...if dwight is healthy come playoff time.

#88 Aruba77, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  9. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Harden is only 25. He turns 26 in August.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

[​IMG]

11. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Yeah, and then we lose to Gogi and the Heat in the Finals. Oh the irony.

12. wise_man

wise_man Member

Only if morey would have put as much effort in convincing kyle lowry to sign with us than trying to convince a guy to sign with us who doesn't wanna be here. I feel bad for james harden whos having an mvp season and all morey could do was bring 37 yr old washed up guy from ny to help harden and the worst part is we traded cannon because our idiot coach thinks he is no good. The same coach who couldn't guard 0.6 seconds, the same coach who keeps giving up over 100 points especially with guys like howard, ariza, bev, smith, brewer and harden , d-mo giving better effort on defense. McHale sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  13. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I feel like we got no better or worse. If we had got Dragic I honestly believe we would have been going to WCF at worst... :'(

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, that's probably not the best example, I remember T-Mac saying the same thing after he lost to the Mavs in 05 playoffs... "I'm only 25, I'll be back and we'll advance" and then the one year he's injured is the only time the Rockets advanced, haha.

Obviously Harden has already had more post season success than T-Mac, so hopefully we'll see some of it here.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Still stuck on Kyle Lowry? You're way behind the times.

16. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

shut up, mchale doesnt know a good point guard when he sees one... its why we keep losing them and are now stuck with bev

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah, your evaluation of point guards is definitely better than Kevin McHale's. I apologize.

18. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

Yep its McHale's fault :rolleyes:

19. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Calls the rockets "them", not real fan.

Talks about failing, misspells "clutch" in signature.

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

We succeeded in not d*cking up our great situation. It's a good problem to have when you can't give up much to improve cause you're already pretty damn well off. We got a squad yall. TJ back. Be ready for that, you amnesia folks. We are deeeeeep. Smith Brewer TJ D-Mo those 2 new guys, Papa... saul goodman.