1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire KJ McDaniels for Isaiah Canaan, second round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 19, 2015.

?

Do you like the trade for the Rockets of Isaiah Canaan and a 2nd round pick for KJ McDaniels?

1. YES

333 vote(s)
    74.0%
  2. NO

117 vote(s)
    26.0%
  1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

not bad but now shved is the 3rd pg. canaan did well in his time in november and december.

2. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

It would be cool to see if KJ could possibly be good but McFail will never play him

3. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

Lol is this the guy with the crazy mother who yells at his teammates for taking shots? Her throat going to be horse here...

4. Exiled

Exiled Member

Hope McDanial get along well with Nick Johnson , they both can jump high and set on the bench

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

delete...misread the thread. thought it said we got a 2nd rounder from philly

#65 heypartner, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  6. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

Two options here:
    1. Frees up cap space next year, since Canaan costs 1 million next year. And, if you can let KJ go if you don't want to put Qualifying offer.
    2. He's a RFA, so if we really like him we can match any offers.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He's a good defender, but he can't shoot to save his life. He is a nice project, but I don't really get the trade. Maybe Morey can sign him for a cheap longer term deal? I dunno...whatever

8. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I suppose it's better than nothing, but this does nothing for the short term.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I get that the Rockets are trying to preserve Harden, so my question is this: can KJ guard PGs? I'm sure Morey is thinking 'run KJ with Harden at the point', but then who guards the opposing PG? Ariza?

10. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets sent to late 2nds to New York; the Nuggets' 2nd to Philly. Kept the Knicks second and NO 1st they had offered in bigger deals.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/568505367812046848">February 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

they keep the NOP Pick, the NYK 2nd round Pick, DMo, Jones and add Pirgioni and KJ...not bad really

11. hakeemthagreat

No legit pg or backup center? Just waiting for us to get dominated in the playoffs by OKC, LAC, Portland and any other team with a big frontline. Guess Dorsey's our guy (sigh)

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

By the way, we are already UNBALANCED and got worse at shooting the basketball with this move, something that we desperately need.

UGH.

DD

13. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Our team is about to be so nasty

Bev/Harden/terry
    Harden/brewer
    Ariza/mcdaniels
    Jones/smith(which ever works best starting)
    Dwight/DMo

I like us going going for the when but putting youth back into the team for harden in 3-4 years

I think mcdaniels will enjoy playing in a city like houston, with harden, in the 3rd seed west team

We should go ahead and try to move ariza next year for something or he takes the bench so we can give mcdaniels a starting spot and offer a little contract

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not really since McHale refused to play Canaan. Of course if Bev goes down with an injury again, there goes our insurance policy.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I seriously doubt kj plays much.

16. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Still hate waiting for the future like this. Now is our chance to strike and we pretty much held firm with assets that will do little to help us next year.

17. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Agreed, Canaan definitely has good quickness and scoring ability to go with range. I think we will see his true potential realized elsewhere. Wish he had gotten a better look with the Rockets. The Rockets have been so good in bringing out the true talent in players and developing it in recent years...makes you wonder if there were off the court issues in play here.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

3 2nd round picks for

KJ and Prigioni. Bull ****.

Knight, MCW, Dragic, Jackson, Thomas all got moved, we got none.

WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE TEAM THAT GOT A PG UPGRADE! What happened baby?

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Nope. See brewer and jsmoove

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

For all practical purposes Harden is the point guard.