1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Can't score easy buckets if you aren't on the court! If Rubio can make Dorsey score 10ppg then we might have something! It's never gonna happen lol

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sure. I can guarantee you teams would love to have Thomas.... as their 6th man. Not as a starting PG though. So the offers are going to be probably around what the offers were for Corey Brewer.

Thomas is kinda perfect for them too in that role. I think all along they probably planned on dangling Bledsoe or Dragic for Kevin Love before he fell in Cleveland's lap when they lucked into the #1 pick again. I think they went into free agency with some hope of still getting Love or plan B. and when those options fell through they decided they'd try to get a bargain contract for Bledsoe and move one of the two at the deadline or this next Summer.

Of course that's my speculation because it is probably what I would do. I think I. Thomas on the contract is probably an asset (even if only one that can only net you two 2nds... he's def. a tradeable player), and I think resigned Bledsoe only to trade him later was an "asset" move even if it caused friction with the logjam. Couldn't lose him for nothing, and with him as an asset they still have a real shot at turning him or Dragic into a legit all-star caliber player in return in a trade later.

It looks odd what Phoenix has done, and it will look odd if they still think they shouldn't trade Dragic (even when he's threatening to go in FA with open eyes), but if you view these situations from the past year its pretty simple, and it makes sense.... they are in the asset collection mode. They obviously are planning on flipping those assets at some point. I'm not sleeping on Bledsoe not being talked about if a Kevin Love type is potentially going to be out there.

#25962 dobro1229, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. hooroo

hooroo Member

He's the son of Dragic's agent Rade Filipovich

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I guess that Morey is close to a backup plan in place of Goran, but he won't get a 1 st tier PG.

6. sabesque

sabesque Member

wow. Worries me even more that the kid said he was coming to the lakers.

7. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

You sir deserve to be repped. Repps coming you're way.

8. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Suns insider with a radio show in Phoenix replied this to The Cat:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/BenDuBose">@BenDuBose</a> I'm sure they would rather trade Isiah but not much of a market for him. Yes trading Dragic a real possibility</p>&mdash; John Gambadoro (@Gambo987) <a href="https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/567552491869331456">February 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  9. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

10. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Yeah I'm sure the kid's dad would let his kid say all kinds of random ****.

11. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

I hope we hear something soon. But expect it to prolong until Thursday.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ugh! Bird in the hand... :-(

13. txn

txn Member

Exactly!!!

14. i3artow i3aller

There's no looks passes and then there's blind passing [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

Love has been the target of seceral teams for several years. Wants don't mean ****. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Love was their top target, but Cleveland is not trading him.

again, I don't doubt the Sun's intentions. I'm sure the prefer to jeep Dragic. They just have zero leverage here.

Sure, when he's on the court. I love Dwight, but he's getting older and bad knees are scary. They don't often just get better. They are probably going to bother him to some extent for the rest of his career. Again, I love him, but in a vacuum, if you can get a young big like Valanciunas + Lowry for Howard, picks, and filler you do that all day. However, as someone else said, Howard won't even be discussed due to business reasons, and even if Morey tried to, Toronto would never do a deal like that.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

...is worth two in the Bosh.

1 person likes this.
  17. sabesque

sabesque Member

Very nice work

1 person likes this.
  18. reliableman

reliableman Member

2 in the Bosh = LeBron and Dwyane. ???

19. RV6