1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Nils

Nils Member

This trade had me laughing. No offense by that, but that's really trying to capitalize on recent events! Also...I don't think that Utah would trade Gobert for anyone outside of a fringe all-star(Gobert will be very good, and Utah thinks he's the next stud). So, a trade of Dorsey and Capela would probably make Utah's GM giggle, and then hang up on DM. Zach Lavine, while a Hell of a dunker, isn't that great of a player....yet. He's getting some playing time up with the team, but probably should be a D-Leaguer. I love the idea, but it's a reach(sadly).

2. Nils

Nils Member

I'm unclear as to what you mean by "The law of averages"....how does that apply here? It means, loosely, that over time things regress to the mean...or that statistical anomalies tend to even out to a middle, or a 50%. How are you using this with the Josh Smith signing? Do you mean that players always end up taking the money, and that him doing so is just the average player's behavior?

Why would Smith sign here....bc he's a very bright guy, who made his nut by signing with Detroit, and will have made $100 million dollars through that contract. He's no dumb dumb, who wastes his money on crap, entourages, or stupid decisions. He also feels that Houston is a good home for him, on and off of the court. That means an awful lot to a player who just left a nightmare. He's be making about 5-7million a year, I'm guessing, and would have the security of a 3 year deal(again, just my guess). After getting used to the system, seeing a very good future around him, I'd guess that he'd do the smart thing, and stay here.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I believe that only applies to the season they're waived, from then on out, he gets it all

Note : Since the CBA explains what you can do, not what you can't do (like a law), and since it doesn't say you can offset beyond the first year, I'm going to assume that you can't offset beyond the first year

#2203 Aleron, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  4. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

For the most part I'm unwilling to trade D-Mo for Dragic straight up.

What would make that move more palpable would be getting a real stretch 4 and backup 5.

D-Mo and Terry for Dragic

Papa, Schved and a pick (NOP or NY 2nd) for Illyasova and Henson.

Antetokounmpo gets another Greek to play with and they get a decent pick.

Gives the Rockets

Dragic/Bev/Canaan
    Harden/Dragic/Brewer
    Ariza/Brewer/Smith
    Illyasova/Smith/Jones
    Dwight/Henson/Dorsey

Still enough pieces to make another trade in the offseason if required. Maybe add Jones instead of a pick to the Bucks.

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I think your interpretation is wrong. Here's an article on Smith and the CBA.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/cap-101-the-stretch-provision-and-offset/

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

[​IMG]

Gogi, Bev, Johnson
    Harden, Dudley, Zoki
    Brewer, (Dudley), Pap
    D-Mo, Smith, (Ilyasova)
    Henson, Ilyasova, Dorsey, Howard-inj.

Knight, Bayless, Marshall
    Mayo, Middleton, Terry
    Greek Freak, Green, Inglis
    Parker, Jones, O'Bryant
    Pachulia, Plumlee, Sanders-susp.

Thomas, Canaan, Ennis
    Bledsoe, Shved, Bullock, Goodwin
    Ariza, Tucker, Warren
    Keef, Mookie,
    Len, Wright, Capela

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Whatta y'all think the going price on Kanter is gonna be?

Half year rental on Kanter and IT would be ideal...

8. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

9. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

lol.

So basically everyone gets screwed except the Rockets. You have Utah giving up their lottery prospect and a good big man for scrubs.

10. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Do you seriously think Ariza, Terry, Kostas, and Dorsey will net you back Dragic, Kanter, and Chandler?

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I finally found what I was looking for, they get an off-set but only for the length of the contract, ie, it doesn't apply beyond 2016-17 despite them having stretched his payments into 2019-20. He's wrong that it applies to all 5 years, the stretch provision doesn't change the contract, it changes the payment schedule and potentially the cap hit.

#2211 Aleron, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  12. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Anybody want Jo-Val or Terrence Ross? They're up for grabs if Toronto can get a star. 3 team trade?

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Jo-Val for sure, but no one is going to give Toronto a star in the front court.

14. saleem

Kanter can't play a lick on defense. I am ok with IT, if he comes cheap.

15. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Doesn't have to be front court. DeRozan is injury prone. If ross leaves, they'll need a 3. Basically anything but Point Guard should and could be upgraded.

16. saleem

I don't see how Houston can benefit from this situation. We don't need Ross and getting Jo-Val isn't going to be easy.

17. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

2 days left. either im right about waiting till the 18th to trade shved papa + nop pick for dragic or were giving up tjones and morey is just trolling us

18. rullrich

rullrich Member

Mark J. Spears of Yahoo speculating that Kanter and Burke might be available with the emergence of Gobert and Exum - seems like a perfect opportunity to seize...gives Phoenix something worthwhile that they need, Utah another pick and a project and us the golden boy on the cheap...thoughts?

Hou Out:
    Kostas Papanikolaou
    Clint Capela
    NOP Pick

Hou In:
    Goran Dragic

Phx Out:
    Goran Dragic

Phx In:
    Enes Kanter
    Trey Burke

Utah Out:
    Enes Kanter
    Trey Burke

Utah In:
    Clint Capela
    Kostas Papanikolaou
    NOP Pick

19. Nils

Nils Member

I still think that we can get Kanter and Dragic......but I would be ok with the situation above.