1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finsraider

finsraider Member

What would Dragic, who doesn't like the guard heavy backcourt in Phoenix, state that GSW is his preference?

Why would a young Phoenix team want a 31 y/o zero defense power forward making $15 million through next year?

Why would GSW trade their starting PF (who is a great fit for them) for a redundant backup PG? If the logic is that GSW doesn't want to pay Green this summer, then why would they want to pay Dragic this summer? And how would a 1st rounder likely to fall #29 or #30 in the draft be worth more than even the NYK 2nd, which at least gives you roster flexibility.

There is zero justification for a Dragic trade to GSW. At most, this would be GSW just trying to drive up the price of Dragic, which is a completely empty threat.

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Something interesting,

I'd noticed Jonathan Feigen had been posting a lot about Dragic coming to Houston in a kind of joking manner in his tweets. I went back to find a tweet that said something along the lines of "DRAGIC THROWS THE PASS INTO DMO, Maybe he got confused because they are future teammates." That tweet is no longer there. Feigen is the mouth piece of Morey and he rarely deletes tweets, I don't know if I'm missing it or if he actually deleted it but none the less its interesting that he A) mentions Dragic so often hinting at Rockets acquiring him and B) potentially deleted such a tweet.

3. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Cyberx,

Please provide some actual insider information to a fellow Californian.

I can't read this garbage, it hurts my soul and my eyes.

4. cyberx

cyberx Member

There will be lots of discussions this weekend guys... GMs meeting face to face... Should have more clarity come Sunday or Monday.

Just be patient.

You guys act like the Rockets are 9th in the west or something.

1 person likes this.
  5. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

We usually feel like 7th no matter where we are :)

7. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Thanks for the response. I have been around here long enough to know that you are the only credible source left on CF.

As a huge Rockets fan, I know we are going to make the playoffs, but I have 0 faith in making it to the conference finals with the current roster assembled.

Just trying to remain realistic!

Thanks again.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

CYBER HAS SPOKEN!

9. seeingred

seeingred Member

can anyone else break this code ? "Patient" - dwight's currently a patient. We're trading Dwight ?

(seriously, glad you're still around cyberx)

10. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

i love queso and guacamole too :p

11. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Trey, did he tweet it during a game?

I follow him and don't remember that one. I do remember several, like you said, about Dragic, however. (something Feigen rarely does)

12. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Thanks for providing clarity!

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Curry's deal is cheap....for now. His deal is up in 2017 if I'm not mistaken and the Warriors are gonna have to pay him a crapload of money then. Which is why it makes no sense to take on Dragic. How can they resign him, resign Green, continue paying Thompson, and then in 2 years resign Curry(never mind maintain the rest of the roster) without drowning in the luxury tax? Even if the cap goes up in a few years, that's still an almost impossible scenario for the Warriors.

14. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Trey, you sure you're not referencing Clutch's tweet?

"@clutchfans: Goran Dragic passed that ball to D-Mo as if they were teammates. Hopefully they know something we don't."

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't think it's likely either but maybe they're content with letting him walk. If they're swapping out Lee then to me it makes sense. Maybe they think they can give Dragic the full max for 3 years (team option on #3) which they assume is significantly higher than his market value, something he'll take and come off the bench for. Maybe they like what they see in Phoenix out of the 3-guard rotation. I just wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors are being aggressive despite the record.

16. baubo

baubo Member

The reason is because more than Phoenix, Dragic himself controls whether he's traded more than the team itself. The Rockets showing Dragic love helps keep Houston in his mind. Fans tend to underestimate the player's power in this. We've seen it already with Melo and Dwight spurning us even though we had better assets. Teams have little power towards players about to enter FA.

17. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Stein bomb!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Look for Rockets, Lakers (and others) to test Suns' resolve on trading or keeping Goran Dragic. ESPN latest: <a href="http://t.co/AotpULywWS">http://t.co/AotpULywWS</a></p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/566274222084083712">February 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You're actually right, I digress, He still has mentioned him other times as a target making Slovenia jokes but I completely messed up who tweeted it. Sorry.

19. cyberx

cyberx Member

Rockets have been in love with Dragic for more than enough time now... Its no surprise!

20. malakas

malakas Member

Cyber thank you! You are the only to provide some light in this paranoia.
    So GMs are in NYC? Even though Suns have noone in ASW?
    Everything is still fluid and probably most deals will be just before the deadline I guess.
    But there IS something happening for sure.

also if you hear anything about the Bucks let me know hehe :grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.