1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which of these players is most likely to be traded at the deadline?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Feb 7, 2015.

?

Which of these players is most likely to be traded at the deadline?

1. Ariza

1.2%
  2. Jones

47.8%
  3. Capela

19.9%
  4. Dorsey

7.5%
  5. Beverley

17.4%
  6. Johnson

6.2%
  1. SemisolidSnake

I don't who we'd trade for. We seem to be doing pretty well with the bigs right now even with Dwight out (maybe especially with Dwight out.) I wouldn't get rid of any of them at the moment. We desperately need a point guard, but Beverley's trade value has got to be dropping with each game, so you'd need to package a lot with him. And there aren't any PGs out there, it seems. I don't what could be done at this point. I'd also like to keep Papa and develop him into a point-forward, since he's top three or four on our team in court vision, and isn't a particularly heavy scorer.

I don't think any trades happen, so let's hope that team adjustments happen. Not holding my breath.

2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

One of the rookies. I think trading Jones away is too risky at the moment. I kind of hope to see Jones and Donuts grow together to be honest.

3. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

seeing how this list overlooks the most likely trade assets we'd be moving...

Shved's expiring, Papa's team option, Terry's expiring, Canaan's team option.

4. awc713

awc713 Member

DMO should be listed on the poll.

Not saying he'll get traded, but I don't see why he isn't on there if Jones is. DMO isn't untouchable by any means, nor should he be. And I love his play

5. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I doubt they trade Terry. He is too valuable come playoff time.

6. Progs

Progs Member

Dno has been pulled off all trade talks.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Papa. I would be unhappy to see him go, but his role has diminished here.

8. basketballholic

Yeah, we already know the possibilities there because those players are not guaranteed money beyond this season. This is about players with contracts extending into next season. Which are most likely to be removed from the cap by a trade at the deadline?

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Dorsey as filler.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Beverly. Rockets aint payin market value.

11. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

1st parsons, now jones, both can be home grown stars

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I imagine our package of kostas, jones, Capella, and the pelicans pick is our best realistic offer for a significant upgrade somewhere.

13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

We want to trade TJones, but other teams want DMo.

14. Sanity2disChaos

I don't understand why we would give up so much got tragic when he can walk...his word or not.I think pop,Bev,schved and the N.O. pick would be enough considering.PHX has a plug in Thomas can fill the void.they paid him the money to.If not then bev can help someway.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Jones, his injury really set him back, if he hadn't gotten injured and we not gotten Smith it'd be different.

I wouldn't trade him unless we're getting a guy like a Lawson or Dragic though, with Dwight's health such a question mark I'd try to hold on to him.

Plus out of all the guys you listed he is the best, except maybe Beverley.

16. Exiled

Exiled Member

None - should be an option

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

It's hard to say who the most likely is. I don't think the Rockets trade either Jones or Ariza without getting a significant piece back. Daryl has been known to make a trade for someone that wasn't in anyone's radar like Kevin Martin.

I actually think Jason Terry fits the profile of the type of player that DM trades at the deadline. He is a kind of high priced veteran that is not very consistent standing in the way of a much younger player with a better contract and lots of potential (Ishiah Canaan).

Having said that, any of those pieces could be gone after the deadline.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think the only way Terry will go, is as part of a package in order to get an impact player.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Remii do you remember when everybody thought Sam Cassel and Robert Horry were untouchable and our future? What happened they traded both of them just like that.

The only two players that are not trade bait is Howard and Harden. Everybody should know Morey motto by now, every player not named Harden and Howard is an asset.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Possibly but we've seen Daryl Morey trade guys like Jason Terry before to make playing time for someone else. The best example is probably Rafer Alston who was traded at the deadline for Kyle Lowry to make additional playing time for Aaron Brooks. If you remember Aaron was getting inconsistent minutes at the time and most people didn't think he would play as good as he did. A lot of people thought the clear winners of that trade were Orlando and Memphis since there were not many in the media that thought Kyle would be anything more than a back up at best.

That was not a major trade at the time but it had major implications as Aaron turned into a MIP of the year and was eventually traded for Goran Dragic and a 1st round pick thanks to his increased role and playing time. Kyle eventually turned into a guaranteed lottery pick that was traded to OKC for James Harden. Trading Rafer was the single biggest move that eventually led to acquiring both James Harden and Goran Dragic.

If only the Rockets had agreed to give Goran the Player Option year the team would not be looking for a point guard right now and the media would be discussing who has the better back court, Houston or Golden State?

Point being. While all of DM's moves don't work, he has a history of making trades that would involve players like Jason Terry.

DM also has a history of not trading players unless he can get high value for them. This is why I don't think you will see Isaiah Canaan, Clint Cappella or Nick Johnson traded. Unless there is a major trade in the making that would require one of those guys be included then Daryl will let them develop until they have very real trade value or until they have cemented themselves into the rotation.

Once again I point to the past. Carl Landry is a guy that was a PF on the team at the same time that we had Luis Scola. Daryl certainly had plenty of opportunities to trade him but he waited until Landry's trade value had peaked and then sent him to Sac for Kevin Martin. By the way, letting Landry develop to the point that the Rockets were able to acquire Kevin Martin was the 2nd biggest move that made acquiring James Harden possible.

How often does DM trade 1st year players? Donte Green was traded as a rookie before the season started for Ron Artest. That is the only one that comes to my mind. So unless Cappella, Johnson or Canaan are apart of a trade that brings back a significant piece then I don't think Daryl Morey trades them because they will simply be worth more once they have proven to the rest of the league that they have developed.