1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard receives bone marrow aspirate injection in his right knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Howard is done. You can see it in his play.

All these procedures and microfracture - never have they worked on a guy who depends on athleticism/explosiveness.

Once a guy is done, if their game doesnt have another dimension - it's over.

It's why I was never a huge fan of his signing - his game, much like T-mac's, is totally dependent on explosiveness.

Thing is, explosive players have short shelf lives. Any nagging injury turns them into normal NBA players, and if they don't have the finesse game, they are all of a sudden average at best.

We saw it with T-Mac. And Now Dwight.

Dwight Era is over.

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

[​IMG]

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey should not have focused on getting explosive players. He should have focused on getting high IQ players and high motor players with maybe sneaky athleticism.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tmac had a streaky jumpshot, average post moves on fellow SFs and SGs
    and great passing abilities.

He wasn't really one dimensional but his other abilities were not on the same level as his athletic ability to finish.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

so Les came up with sneaky athletes Lin and Asik?

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well yeah, if he is not healthy, we are stuck with a 20m boat anchor of a contract.

I recall the Rox saying TMac's cartlidge issue was in a non weight bearing area and smaller than a dime and could be managed without surgery, this sounds almost the same to me, and that scares me as. a Rox fan.

It is what it is, and hopefully he gets healthy, but usually you don't go through small procedures if rest is all that is needed.

DD

8. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yes, I remember that about Tmac... Does not look for DH12 either; as McHale said, if the inflammation/fluid was due to some impact injury is one thing. But when you get a random edema without a fall or a sprain, that means only one thing: osteoarthritis (chronic inflammation of the joint)

9. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

We should go for Kanter,he is a Bad Defender but a good scorer And rebounder,would Limit also Dwights Minutes in the Future

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Regardless, Howard is definitely one-dimensional. Everything he does comes from his ability to explode.

He can't post well, he doesn't set great picks, his defense and rebounding comes from being able to jump up and block shots and or snatch rebounds high.

He's not a great fundamentals type player. Take away his explosiveness and he's just not going to last in this league.

With someone like Hakeem - his explosiveness dropped by the time he was 30...but man could he still play.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

While there was a lot of discussion about Yao's size being a potential problem for Yao's long term health early on, even before the draft (someone will correct me if I'm wrong, no doubt), that wasn't the case for Ralph. Sampson was viewed as one of the best players on the planet while still in college, when he was drafted, and up through the Finals in '86. No one, not that I can recall, had a serious concern about his health going forward into the future until after the impact of the fall in Boston manifested itself the next season.

Heck, we were considered a dynasty in its early years, with at least a decade of contender status centered on Olajuwon and Sampson being the consensus among sports writers covering the NBA beat. The collapse of Ralph's health was more of a surprise than the fall from grace of Lucas, Wiggins, and Lloyd. Drafting Sampson with the 1st pick of his draft may have been the most expected #1 pick in the history of the league, in my humble opinion. "Doubts" about Sampson's health consisted of hindsight and nothing more, Ottomaton. That's certainly what I remember from those days.

#271 Deckard, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  12. aggie87

aggie87 Member

he is done.... these injuries take a toll and he cant survive in this league without his god given athleticism

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Players' games like Dwight just don't age well even without injury so I really don't have high expectations of him anymore and like I keep saying the organization and fan base really needs to move on past Dwight and hope for the best for the team moving forward beyond Dwight. If he can come back and help the team, that's really icing on the cake at this point. I don't want to see him come back and hurt the team though like he was recently. If/when he comes back, his role needs to be diminished.

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Dwight is far from average... he can average a double double without jumping

15. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

I mean, the dude came back from career threatening BACK surgery with more spring than your average player...Until we see a him back on the court I don't feel like we can say that Howard is done by any regard, personally I'd rather wait for the eye test rather than speculate...But hey that's just me

16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

For you:

[​IMG]

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So you're not even going to wait for a few weeks, and see what he looks like when he comes back? You're just gonna go ahead and jump headfirst right off that ledge, huh? Ok then.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

But he had twice the spring before. His career likely isn't over, but it's all adding up, and at some point he'll be left with average spring, among other things.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Do you know what Bone on Bone means?

There is no recovery from that. It never gets better. It's degenerative.

Until they come out with a way to regrow real cartilage there's no going back.

We will never see the Dwight Howard of last years playoffs again. He might come back and be a bench player that gives you 15-20 minutes a game, but he will never ever dominate again.

Sure maybe a few games when he comes back, but then it will slow deteriorate again by the playoffs.

Rockets will do what they have to do to hope and pray, but honestly, I won't be surprised if within a few years Howard retires and we buy out his contract.