1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More cops caught abusing people and their power...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HamJam, Feb 5, 2015.

1. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

...but think of all the ones that get away with it.

Here is the Story

[​IMG]

Two cops assaulted a man for no legal reason, and then conspired with each other to accuse that man of assaulting one of the officers -- thus creating a legal cover for their attack on this man.

The man would have probably been convicted, if not for the fact that his girlfriend (not the police or any state authority mind you) canvassed the area where the incident occurred, and found a private citizen who had security footage that proved the cops were lying.

Again, it was extraordinary circumstances that caught these cops and allowed this man not to get beaten, arrested and incarcerated for no reason. Meaning, if these extraordinary circumstances were not present (as they typically are not) he would have been beaten and had his life ruined by our police and "justice system".

So, considering how often cops are getting caught in these type of abuses of people and their power, and the fact that the circumstances allowing them to get caught are unique and extraordinary effort on the part of citizens, imagine all the cops that are doing this and getting away with it. Imagine the people getting beaten and railroaded for no reason. It is certain to far outweigh the ones that are getting caught.

We, as a citizenry, can not trust the cops anymore. There is just too much violence against citizens and railroading of the innocent.

#1 HamJam, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

All the more reason that cops be required to wear body cams. The only time they're held accountable for doing this kind of nonsense is when it's on video.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Not sure why he felt the need to flee the cops in the first place.

4. HamJam

It doesn't matter. Unless someone is fleeing the scene of a violent crime they committed it is a non-violent action that should not be met by being shot in the back or needlessly beaten once you are apprehended.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

And here we go with another idiotic post full of race biting. I understand you did not mention a word about race, but since your post is full of assumptions, I too will assume that you would have never posted this if it was two black cops beating up a white citizen.

Let me preface first by stating nobody here is advocating that police brutality is acceptable. The back story is irrelevant to me.

I dont understand how this is an extraordinary circumstance. Unless you are implying that police nation wide have some grand conspiracy to beat up people daily and arrest them on false chargers...and one is finally getting caught. And since we are coming up with baseless comments, the odds are more likely his gang and/or drug lifestyle will ruin his life before the justice system. Again, I have no back story like yourself, so I just wanted to throw a baseless observation out there also.

Im just curious. How often are these cops getting caught? There are approximate 1 million law enforcement offices and two of them just got busted. That equates to .000002% of the law enforcement officers. If you dont understand how miniscule of a number that is, perhaps you need to go back to school.

Typically I would let an idiotic post go, but this comment tops the cake. The only time I am paranoid about a cop is when I am in my vehicle. Any other time, I feel safer with a cop around. Perhaps its because I choose not to engage in criminal activity or I refuse to be around those who engage in criminal activity.

6. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

there are good cops, and bad cops.

i am quite sure the good far outweighs the bad.

just make sure to mind your p's and q's.

7. dback816

dback816 Member

There are something like 100k full time cops in the U.S

You want us to distrust every single one of them because of the action of a few?

Can we also distrust certain minority groups due to their high incarceration rates, low standardized testing scores and popularized media images?

8. HamJam

I didn't mention race once and somehow I am race baiting? You're an idiot.

These cops literally conspired with each other to beat this man and arrest him on false charges -- and similar stories have been coming out recently all over the nation.

Right, that's my point. People need to stop assuming all the cops doing this get caught. Most of them probably don't, since it takes a lot of extraordinary things to come together for them to get caught, and otherwise the system just assumes they are telling the truth.

First time I met my father he was in prison. He spent about 40 percent of his life in prison for non-violent crimes.He was never rehabilitated in prison, he was hardened -- and my mom and I had to deal with that once he got out. I have never been arrested personally, but I have seen what the "justice system" can do to individuals and families. I hence have learned not to trust cops.

The stories of other people born into poverty that I know and have heard in the national news reinforces the opinion. This story is just another example of many.

#8 HamJam, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  9. Space Ghost

Reading comprehension failure. Address the question. Would you have posted it if it was reverse races...or the alleged victim was white? Me thinks no.

10. HamJam

Of course I would have. I am not black by the way. I edited my response to you by the way (just adding things, not taking anything away).

edit -- and I did read that you acknowledged I did not mention race -- doesn't make the fact you are baselessly accusing me of race baiting any less idiotic.

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

So he only got $200,000 out of all that?:confused:

12. Major

Major Member

The extraordinary circumstance was not what happened - it was how they got caught. That a private citizen went and hunted down security camera footage proving it. If not for that, it would have been another case of a man attacking a cop.

That's kind the point. These guys were only caught due to fluke circumstances. The question it brings up is how are the cops NOT getting caught doing this? How many times does the innocent person go to jail?

The article mentions 500 overturned convictions in the last 10 years just in Philly due to corrupt cops. How many more do we not catch?

Maybe he was afraid the cops might beat him up for no reason.

13. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Amazing. You admit there was no mention of race. Then you bring up race. And then accuse the OP of racebaiting. Im not even sure why HJ is arguing with you. You obviously outed yourself. At least be brave enough to own up to it.

1 person likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

because they will kick his ass. . . .obviously

Rocket River

15. CometsWin

You go race hustler. I too will assume that you would have never posted this race hustling tangent of yours if it was two black cops beating up a white citizen.

16. Space Ghost

Why would I? The only thing that ever gets posted here when it comes to cop brutality is when its white "aggressors" against black "victims". i acknowledge there is cop corruption and brutality. i acknowledge there is racism. However I choose not to thrive on it and act like its an epidemic.

17. CometsWin

As we all know, there's a long storied history of black cops targeting white people so much so that people in predominantly white neighborhoods are afraid of the cops. Why aren't you posting about it?

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This. There is no reason why body cams is standard issue. Good for the Good Cops. Bad for the Bad Cops.

19. Remii

Remii Member

Bad look that the victim's girlfriend had to do the job that the police department should have done instead of just taking the officers word for it... He should marry her.

At least the officers were punished.

Here comes the body cams.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

People already do that, luckily in both scenarios there are regulatory deterrents to actually acting on those sentiments.