1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(All Star) Dwight Howard not selected for first time in career

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Matador, Jan 29, 2015.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I wonder is there any Mavs player to be selected?

2. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

It's the media.

Honestly, tell me how many NBA fans actually watch enough Pelicans basketball to vote Anthony Davis in as a starter and not piggybacking the likes of KD and other commentators as to why he's starting?

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

Well... he got hurt... Hakeem doesn't have foresight powers.

4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I agree the media is a big part of reputation of players in general, but Dwight is not really respected by many of his peers either. Fans see all of this and I feel it has added to his plummeting stock a long with sub-par numbers this season.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think this is the case at all. His former Orlando peers and some Lakers peers however may feel that way. Dwight first of all does not need to be in the Allstar game this season. He needs to focus on his rehab. Honestly I hope he spends those days with the Dream as well as the rest of our bigmen.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One of his worse seasons statwise.

He is still an Allstar caliber player just not a superstar and this year not consistent and was injured half of the time.

7. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

id like to see a month of dominant play heading into the playoffs.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he doesnt deserve an all star spot in the slightest. he's been a role player most of the season

9. waisoserious

waisoserious Member

good thing we paid him the max!

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

one of the biggest max contracts in the nba for a role player? stay tuned this season to find out!

11. Asian Sensation

I don't think he cares. He's too good to not be there regardless of the minor injuries this season. Can't say I'm not concerned.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

we paid Lin a huge contract so no surprise there.

We took the risk and it might result in other allstars willing to come to Houston.

Try to think out of the box once in a while.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And good if he does not care. Because if he cares more about being in an exhibition game than in the WC finals he isn't even a consumate professional.

14. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Nothing funny about injuries.

I love this team, but some "Clutch fans" are fickle as ****.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i too was one of those that expected dwight to have one of his best overall seasons. he can still have one ofh is best 1.5 month stretch of his career if he can come back healthy and rockets dont fall apart without him.

im glad i never got the chance to draft him on any of my fantasy teams

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I love Dwight but I didn't vote for him. He doesn't deserve to be there over a few people just because he's a perennial all star.

He needs to try get healthy & use it as motivation.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I hope this inspires him to be the player we all know he can be.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't blame Howard at all. He's been hurt, and the competition for big man spots in the West is really formidable. If he was in the East, it'd be a snub. There's a lot of talented big guys in the West that also didn't make it.

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just trying to look at this in an objective manner and not through bias of being a Rocket fan. I just feel in general the perception and respect level for Dwight has been steadily going down across the board. I could care less about Dwight being in the All Star and if Cousins couldn't make it, Dwight sure as hell didn't deserve to be there. I'm hoping this can help light a fire under Dwight if he can come back healthy enough to be helpful to the team. I feel this team definitely needs what Dwight can offer. Recently, he has not been making a positive difference so hopefully somehow, someway, he can help this team down the stretch and for the duration of his current contract. I still feel Rox should definitely be looking at plan B and a future beyond Dwight.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If I were a ten+ year vet who has made the All Star team practically every year of my career I would start declining to attend. Nothing good can happen and guys with all that mileage need all the rest they can get. They have nothing to prove that can be proven by playing in the All Star game.