1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long before Terrence Jones promoted, D-mo D-moted?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iLookOK, Mar 31, 2013.

1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I'm getting high we have so many assets. Don't fall in love with any of the PFs, some of them may not be here next year, not Morey's choice, but Alexander's.

2. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

If you don't get Dwight or Smoove, you're not making any splash in this free agency. You may make a spray, or a light sprinkle, but not a splash.

3. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

So what you're saying is that I should not get high on my own supply?

4. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

AFAIK Josh Smith has expressed a keen interest in joining the Rockets. A FA max. would be overpaying him and it's possible some dipstick management like the Suns offers him that but we are his preferred destination and we're growing more attractive by the day.

Outside of him there's still Andre Iguodala, David West, Tiago Splitter headlining. Given that our core is young and was built on the fly last season we've got a lot of potential room for improvement internally adding any of these guys likely transitions our squad from part of the play-off bubble to the Western Elite.

5. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

If we can get AI2,D-west the rocket killer, and t-splitty to take a salary of less than they're worth so that we can keep our current roster, I think we would be instant contenders. We would be the good version of the bad boys.

6. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Won't be long before Terrence Jones becomes terrified, and DMo is back in demand.

8. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I hope Dmo gets back in the rotation for the playoffs. I think he can spread the floor and open some things up plus the experience will be good for him.

9. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Yeah, is DMo's shot really as bad as he's shown? We need a stretch 4 IMO to make this offense really work, which is our identity. I don't think TJones is it at all. His form looks kind of funky, and I've seen some nasty looking airballs in that department. Would so like it if DMo could make some 3's and prevent McHale from having to use Delfino at the 4 spot.

10. BallWiz

BallWiz Member

I think are rooks have done great since we don't have any vets to yell at them.

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I think Greg Smith/T Jones will definitely take turns at the starting 4 spot in the playoffs

12. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

This thread looks so hilarious in retro

1 person likes this.
  13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

man this thread is funny

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

We're acquiring Greg Smith again?

15. SemisolidSnake

I do wish they'd put they'd put the start date of a thread on the main forum listing. I have no problem with bumping old threads, but it happens a lot here, and it'd be nice to know up front if it's an old thread or not.

16. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Bring back Chuck Hayes!

1 person likes this.
  17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this is officially a debate that will never go out of style. dmo vs tj! who should start?!

my vote is jones IF dwight is playing. consider the following:

1) dwight always gets the touches in the post. dmo always has to wait his turn when dwight sits. better to have him coming in for dwight and ready to rumble in the post if thats the only time he gets the ball anyway.

2) jones is the better weak side shot blocker. dwight guards the post play, and tj flies in for the swat.

3) jones is the better rebounder. he and dwight will lock down the boards

4) the bench needs size. jones and smith would be going small ball. dmo and smith provide size, offense, and defense.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think TJones is ready to start again, but not over DMo. Next to DMo.

Bev/Harden/A3za/Jones/DMo

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Harden is so good, because this lineup without him would struggle to beat the 76ers.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yeah!

Until Dwight is ready to go, then it is headache central.