1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terence Morris status

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fredterp, Jul 10, 2003.

1. verse

verse Contributing Member

heypee:

very good points. and it is for that reason that richard jefferson will drop in every important statistic (fg% especially) should jason kidd leave. once teams concentrate on richard jefferson, his obvious flaws (inconsistent jumper and adequate penetration) will be exposed. it's exactly what happened once the spurs found out how to slow down jason kidd in the finals.

and, btw, did you call TMO shandn andersn with less dribbling? is that even an nba player? :eek:

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I thought only 1st and 2nd year pros could play in the summer league, therefore they couldn't have invited him even if they wanted to, no?

Who cares anyway. Morris is borderline rotation/deep bench material and nothing more. Almost not even worth the typing.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

hehe, well I did add the qualifier of "a *taller* Shandon."

4. verse

what i want to know is why popeye liked TMO so much? and why isn't TMO in california right now?

5. Fredterp

Fredterp Member

HeyPartner, you missed the point about the Celtic type player. Auerbach had players who were TEAM first. The players on those dynasty teams always got the best shots possible through TEAMWORK, something that this Rocket board has noticed is lacking with the current Rocket team. FREDTERP.

PS At $.5M Terence is a bargain, especially when comparing him to players who are shooting way under TRock's FG % and earning $7-8M.

#25 Fredterp, Jul 10, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2003
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'd rather keep him than moochie.. Moochie on the bench for the money we're paying him is sickening. I wish I got 34 million to sit on my ass and stink up the place.

7. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Until proven otherwise, by JVG, I will blame Rudy T again. While you are making logical points HP, please include consideration that Tmo was a victim of 1. a numbers game and 2. Rudy T's limited offensive schemes which limited opportunity and exposure (this is the part I expect JVG to change).

Why number's game? Tmo had to wait on EG, MoT, KT, Posey and Rice before he could get any minutes. At the same time little time was invested in him compared to the time invested in EG, although he cost us much less. In fact right now I believe that Tmo has the potential to be no less that 75% of EG's potential, in terms of overall value to the team.

Rudy has to be credited for picking him however the changes that were needed to or in Tmo was not done. The biggest change was a mental one. That is where I thought JVG would make a difference. Things like getting him to be more aggressive in the paint, look for his shot more often, take the rock to the whole, hit some people. I saw a SL game last night and this rookie on the lakers (Cook) is no more talented than Tmo, but the mental part is where Cook has the edge and will ultimately get him ahead.

Tmo is an agenda-less player willing to do whatever you ask him. At that salary CD maybe making a mistake, which we know he is capable of doing. If the Spurs are really interested then that speaks volumes given that team's track record in identifing and developing talent in the last five years. Somebody there knows what they are doing.

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I said last summer that the ideal sf on this team would be someone like Morris. When he was given the time, he showed that he was more than a capable player. Through his work ethic, he started knocking down shots that he was knuckleballing the yr before. Morris would or should have been a viable ticket to not resigning Posey. He's a multi tool person and seems like a good team guy. I think for what he was making, it was a mistake to let him go. I think he will latch on to a team and become a solid player for them which he could have been with the Rockets. Maybe Boki will show something or Posey is resigned, but he would have been a safe backup if those two options didn't pan out.

9. SLA

SLA Member

In one of his last games of the season, he scored 17 points on 8-9 shooting....I still don't get why they just let him go! :(

10. thomp1141

thomp1141 Member

Just for my clarification, what is Morris' official standing with the team? Has he actually been released, or did they just not invite him to the Summer League in order to test out other players? I really need to know cuz the thought of my boy leaving quite frankly scares me.

11. verse

the imminent demise of the houston rockets originates with TMO's termination....

:confused:

12. heypartner

You missed the point that "team first" covers 100s and 100s of NBA bench players and Europe....all minimum salary players. To compare them to a Red Auerbach hall of famer as some sort of grand categorization of players means little if anything.

13. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

FREDTERP didn't say "hall of famer." He said team player:

Bailey Howell
    Larry Siegfried
    Steve Kuberski
    Scott Wedman
    Don Nelson
    Paul Silas et al

14. Tmo

Tmo Member

I shoulda been invited at least.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I feel for you guys and Terence. I hope he lands on his feet. He may still end up in Houston, although it looks very doubtful. I was very pleased with his progress last season. Some players just take awhile.

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

If Morris is to be on the Rockets next season, he will need to play for the minimum. I hope there is room for him!

17. heypartner

Well, FredTerp used a Red Auerbach quote that was referring to his Hall of Famers.

You can't just categorize someone as "Team Player" as if he can make a Red Auerbach team based on that. Nor can you use the term "Athletic Big Man" to say Badiane has the potential of all such categorized men.

It's a matter of degree, and FredTerp went too far by using that Red Auerbach quote.

18. heypartner

Rudy did not release him; JVG did. Or are you going to blame that on Carrol Dawson or Les Alexander?

19. Fredterp

Fredterp Member

Heypartner, your quote:

It's a matter of degree, and FredTerp went too far by using that Red Auerbach quote.

When did you become he board moderator? You still miss the point. FREDTERP

20. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

I still cannot see how Tmo is out of this team.