1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GSW proved tonight that Harden is the real MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rustyrob, Jan 24, 2015.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

1) I didn't know stats was only scoring points (Harden plays 5 more minutes per game). IF so, tell Nash to give back his 2 MVPs.

2) No, the best player on those Sonics team was Payton.

3) Was PER a huge stat back then? I don't think so. Those were the 90s my brother. Raw stats, Hakeem was just as good as David's. Now in today's age, that may be a different story.

Hakeem's stats in 93-94: 27.3ppg, 11.9rpg, 3.6 assist, 1.6 steals, 3.7 blocks, 52%fg

David's stats: 29.8 ppg, 10.7rpg, 4.8apg, 1.7steals, 3.3 blocks

And Hakeem's team was better (3 games better).

So considering both Harden and Curry are statistically the same, you would give it to Curry due to being on a better team.

What's so hard to understand?

And this argument will be moot at the end of the season when they are 10+ games better than the Rockets.

2. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

Corey Brewer one time scored 51 points in a game. So by your reasoning Harden is not an MVP candidate.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

James Harden is scoring about 5 more points per game.

That is a wide margin.

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Yeah,Curry proved he can make his teammate drop 37pts in one quarter.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

CF before the season - Thompson isn't a max player, terrible signing by Golden State, another Parsons-type deal, killing their flexibility, etc. etc.

CF now - Thompson is too good for Curry to be MVP.

6. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HcJABLkr0iI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3 top 10 plays for Harden.

King James Harden at the end

7. tmacfor35

Thompson has improved by leaps and bounds.

I don't think he was that much better than Parsons, but he looks like he is a bigger version of Steph Curry now.

Ridiculous shooting.

8. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

But Corey Brewer scored 50 somethin' points...

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I think Klay is the best player on that team... Didn't think I would say that before the season started.

So obviously Curry shouldn't be ahead of Harden if he might not even be ahead of Klay.

10. tmacfor35

Klay is the guy who makes there team tick.

He is not the best player. He has subpar handles and is turnover prone when he drives.

BUUUTTTT, when he plays well, they win.

I think that is the guy that needs to be contained.

11. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

After the Warriors pulled ahead it turned into Harden vs Curry which kept it fun still

12. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

They haven't been in many situations like that this season so I wouldn't know but I think Curry would deliver down the stretch if not Klay definitely would that's what makes them so scary.

13. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Curry didn't prove anything.He already has better teammates/players to begin with.

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Curry shot pretty bad yesterday

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

He's also younger and IMO takes smarter shots than Steph. I'll put it this way, if I'm building my a team from scratch, I'd rather have Klay.

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Truth. Rockets fans around here need more perspective.

If Rockets were #1 seed with Harden our best player, and if we swept the Warriors, I wonder what they would be saying then?

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I just hate how everyone is in awe of Steph... He takes bad shots and some nights they all go in. I just think he's overrated and kind of a gimmick relative to what people make of him. I mean, everyone's saying how great of a season he's having, and he is having a good season, but his stats are worse than Hardens all 3 years he's been with us. He's an allstar that plays on a great team. I just don't buy into the MVP talk very much because I think he's just one of many reasons that team is so good.

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

That would only strengthen Hardens case because he's still having a better season despite being 0-4 against them.

Horrible example, try again.

19. krnxsnoopy

Well I hope you are correct and that the Rockets will win the championship, and the Warriors don't win the championship.

If either of those don't happen then who is the real Hakeem/MVP?

20. krnxsnoopy

Lol you're so silly. Terrible reading comprehension.

The rhetorical question was to point out the vast majority of us would be chanting Harden as MVP basing those very same claims, as the qualifications. Contradictory to their argument for Harden NOW. Did you miss that point?