1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Trevor Ariza?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jan 22, 2015.

?

Would you trade Trevor Ariza?

1. Yes, he's good but won't put us over the top, salary hinders us going forward

70 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. No, he's too important to our championship aspirations

64 vote(s)
    22.6%
  3. Yes, but only in the right deal that makes us a true contender now

149 vote(s)
    52.7%
  1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Lmao hell no, defense is needed here. Yeah his shot been off, but much better defender on this team.

2. kchin

kchin Member

Do you know what else would've been funny...a roster filled with Robert Covington, Ish Smith, Alonzo Gee, Isiah Canaan. Now that's funny

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

God. x_x

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's not untouchable.

Hey, if someone wants to give us Dragic we'd have to think about it

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tired of trades.

DD

#45 DaDakota, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  6. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

as much as i hate ariza bricking I adore him and hold him invaluable as a role player who plays within himself... what we need is a great coaching to put all the pieces of the puzzle in its proper places...even Dwight isnt a problem...neither jsmith is the problme... the only problem is coaching.... Pop and some of his pupils like Mike from atlanta would do wonder with this roster...

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

ANY player can and should be traded IF the right deal comes along...:eek:

Not talking about Brooks specifically.

8. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'd trade anyone but Harden for the right deal.

However I think Ariza has more actual value than trade value, so most of the realistic trades I'd pass on.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You are not thinking with your head.

10. wise_man

wise_man Member

I bet curry is deflating basketballs to get a good grip .

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Rockets aren't trading for Joe Johnson. Just as they aren't trading for Derrick Williams, Ricky Rubio, Jason Smith, Cody Zeller, Ersan Ilyasova, Deron Williams, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

I find it hilarious that Jopatmc actually has simpletons following him on Twitter that get excited enough to retweet his nonsense (I guess people did the same with KingDrew so...never underestimate). You aren't going to ever be Woj Jopat, but feel free to keep enjoying fantasyland.

As for trading Ariza. We want to trade the one guy who kept crazy eyes KG from taking a bite out of Dwight's face?

The guy has his flaws, but he's worth alot to this team especially on the defensive end. He's also great at blending personalities off the court as well. In a trade all the other team is going to be concerned about getting is salary matching for trades.

Point being: There is very little reason to even put Ariza in trade proposals. Its not necessary for most deals to get done from a salary matching perspective, and he's worth very little to other teams that the Rockets would be trading with. So point being, there is no point unless you are just trade happy and want to trade for the sake of trading..... enter Jopatmc/BBHollic.

12. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Does this really require a thread? Would you trade Trevor Ariza? Did I miss something by not watching the game on Wednesday? Does everyone think he is as good Lebron or Durant now?

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

No.

He has good D. Very long and can last for plenty minutes.

14. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kSANAShboCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

YES!!

15. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Certainly, for the right deal. Harden is the only player that should be untouchable.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Half the reason we didn't resign Parsons is because we basically wouldn't be able to trade him. Better believe that he and that salary of his that gets smaller each year is on the table.

17. basketballholic

I think it's foolish to be so short-sighted on Dwight. First of all, he ain't going nowhere, plain and simple. To even suggest such is a complete waste of time and electrons. Secondly, he is STILL, when healthy, the greatest defensive anchor in the NBA. When playoff time rolls around he proves it every time.

Thirdly, it's not his fault that our offensive system is limiting him. He can't change who he is offensively. SVG recognized that and built the offense to suit Dwight. Somehow, some way, that has happen here. And that's up to McHale and Morey to get done. We've got to spread the floor if we are going to be successful offensively. We apparently don't have the ability to do that now. Apparently Ariza nor Harden nor anybody else has the ability to play the stretch-4 spot for us. Frankly, I don't know what the plan is offensively. But they're going to have to figure it out. (I know what I'd do though for sure.)

But for the sake of rationality, we're not trading Howard. Stop wasting time and energy discussing Howard trades. We got guys that will discuss trades of Howard and then when I simply ask if you would trade Ariza for the right piece....they blow up and say that Ariza is untouchable. Whuuuuuuut? You want to discuss trading Howard but you don't want to discuss trading Ariza? That is irrational.

18. SemisolidSnake

Well, I was coming to say something like this, but you put it better than I could've. I'll be leaving now.

19. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

But Joe Johnson's salary doesn't fit because it means the team is stuck with what we would have after this trade. Best case scenario we have MLE and the Pels pick, but we know there is no mid 1st player that is going to make a huge difference as a rookie in 15-16.

So, with an Ariza (plus Terry, plus Papa or Jones & Shved, plus probably a pick) for Johnson trade we would basically be stuck with our team for this season and next. It would basically be a move (IMO) punting this season and next, unless Johnson and picks could be used to get a 3rd star.

At some point we need to truly contend and not only play for the chance of a bigger trade.

20. basketballholic

The Pels pick becomes the asset to make a sign-and-trade work in free agency if we want an upgrade.