1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Beverley a championship Point Guard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Jan 18, 2015.

1. roidrage

roidrage Member

No he is not even a college championship point guard he sucks

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This. It blows my mind no one understands this.

3. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

What offense? Hot potato ?

The way this team is constructed Bev is to play D.Fish to our star's Shaq and Kobe. If anyone isnt living up to expectations, its our 20 million dollar "Shaq".

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Definitely need to upgrade over Bev, but there's no greater alternative right now. I know tons of people are hung up on the Goran Dragic pipe dream, but for now, Bev is the best option we have, especially with McHale's anti-Canaan campaign.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

70% do, 30% of the board said no to Dragic which is crazy.

6. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Bev cant do anything a PG is suppose to do.

He needs to ride the bench and Morey needs to make a move if this team is gonna do anything in the playoffs.

7. hakeemthagreat

I watched last game. Steph had a decent game. He didn't go bananas like we hoped he wouldn't. Bev did what he could defensively, especially in the 2nd half.

You guys have been crying for a upgrade at PG, ignoring the many OTHER holes we have. Our team defense sucks, our starting center turns the damn ball over at will, James Harden is falling asleep on defense again, and we run a 3pt shooting offense but suck as a team shooting 3's. Our coach is an idiot with absolutely no clue how to make in game adjustments or call setplays ("player harder guys!!!!"). We have serious problems BIGGER than Pat Bev. But somehow he's the poster boy for Rockets loses:rolleyes:

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

playmaking/scoring on the perimeter other than harden is a huge problem.

9. Entropy

Entropy Member

Bev isn't the only problem. But he's the most glaring problem we have right now when the opposing PG lights him up every other night.

10. varughese.arun

WHERE IS SERGIO LLULL??

I believe that all Rockets FANS invest so much into our team emotionally.

We deserve to get an update on whats happening with him!

11. dianelo

dianelo Member

Wouldn't mind having him for 3m as a backup.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You guys know there are multiple championships for Derek Fisher as a PG, right? The PG does not have to be a creator on offense, it depends entirely upon his role.

The Rockets playmaker - is Harden, we need a 2nd playmaker, anywhere, could be PF, could be SF, could be PG, could be a point center - but harping on Bev as a problem is myopic, imo.

DD

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

he also had a couple of the most dominant players in the history of the league by his side. sooner or later you're gonna have to realize bev would be best fit for this team off the bench if they're gonna win a championship or go atleast deep in the playoffs.

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Triangle Offense DD.

15. hakeemthagreat

But that's doesn't necessarily fall on Bev. Trevor literally can't dribble more than 2ft. Dwight is SUPPOSED to be our 2nd option but is GIVING the ball away whenever he touches the ball. The offense have no movement and is painful to watch. Is this Patrick Beverley's fault? Does Bev call the plays?

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would be fine with Canaan starting, I think it is not a Bev issue, it is a Bev and Ariza one, ...you can't win against good teams starting both of them, one, sure...not two.

DD

17. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

A healthy Chalmers can get you 20-7 every night without playing alongside a ball-dominant guard.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

it would definitely make it alot easier for others if houston had a pg that could handle pg duties, as well as be able to get a bucket consistently on his own. and that doesn't have to be a #1 scorer either.

19. hakeemthagreat

Biggest problem? Turnovers, lack of rebounds, defensive lapses etc..Dragic solves all this? Wow:rolleyes:

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

i agree here. that's why i i think bev would fit best off the bench, where he originally established himself in the league. theres nothing wrong with that