1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Beverley a championship Point Guard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Jan 18, 2015.

1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Whatever you say dude. Just sayin', you're 180 posts late. Lulz

2. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

It looks like Pat is on something... kind of like the same stuff Mad Max or Mitchel Wiggins was on, back in the day...

3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Beverly can't seem to hang on to Steph Curry right now. This is not good for someone that is supposed to be a 3 and d player.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I didn't click on this thread. I haven't even read this thread. Maybe it's been said already.

But Pat Bev sucks. He started great this year, and now he sucks. I think he bought into his own hype. He doesn't have anyone pushing him from the bench. He's not second string coming off the bench to try and challenge for a starting gig.

He knows he has old ass Jason terry to back him up.

If Cannan was playing, and getting 20 minutes a game or so, I'm sure it would make Bec play better cause he knows there is someone capable of taking his spot.

Exiting this thread.

1 person likes this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Just like Kam, I've stayed out of this one, but no Pat Bevereley can't be a relied upon to play starter minutes on a contending team. Yes I think he can start but there better be a really good dynamic pg coming off the bench in a 6th man type roll. That is NOT Jason Terry. The Rockets must make a move or Harden is going to run out of steam come April if not sooner.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Goran dragic come to houston. Another example tonight. Beverley is useless as a starter in games like these

7. cutchboycam

cutchboycam Member

I was just getting on here to make the same thread. Its time we get a new pg. I love Bev but sometimes he doesnt do anything for our team. Way too inconsistent

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Stop b****ing about Bev, he is getting picked every single time down the court....maybe our other players need to trap him....eh?

DD

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

That excuse is old

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Bev doesn't make good point guards expend energy defensively.

That's the problem.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I'm waiting for the usual posters to come in and tell me how Bev is gonna hold the elite PG's in the western conference during the playoffs.

Then we can talk about how Beverley is putting in such a positive contribution on offense after that. :rolleyes:

12. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

LMAO, I am sure u do watch more Rockets basketball than rest of us.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

quit defending him, you're obvious in the minority and are not being objective when it comes to bev. are you a bev fan or a rocket fan?!?! get your ish together!!!

14. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

I really don't blame Bev too much for tonight. He was stuck on Curry, and even provoked him into a tech. Curry had an efficient night but Bev forced Golden State to run their offense through Klay instead. Unfortunately with an elite team like GS, they have multiple options and attacking through Klay worked just as well as if they would've ran it through Curry.

Would it have been nice if Bev could create more tonight? Sure, but the main issue still lies with Dwight. By some miracle even if we were to just add Gogi without losing a single rotational player, we would still not be on their level just based on Dwight's dumb mindset.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I will defend him when folks are wrong - personally, if it were up to me, I would start Canaan and have Bev off the bench.

But I am not going to blame him when he is getting screened and the screeners defender is not stepping out high to contest.

DD

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

that's what 90% of the people you're arguing with think as well?!?!

17. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I would love to keep Beverly but we still need to improve the team. Beverly is going to want to get paid, In my opinion his time is up.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I couldn't read any of that nonsense. But anyone who thinks Bev isn't holding this team back is delusional.

19. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

Bev was limiting Curry as well as anyone can. Played his role while hitting floaters and reverse layups here and there. Our offensive scheme is the promlem.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Because Beverly the starting pg can't create for others or run an offense?