1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 1/19/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 18, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wished either Jones or DMo developed a consistent jumper and be a good offensive option.

So close

2. Remlap

Remlap Member

He does it again... Beast Mode

[​IMG]

3. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

Just enjoy the win.. every game is different.. lets wait till after the golden state game till we have an evaluation.. because its against the good teams that u find out what this team is made of.. i would like to see if we can respond with a W after we got our butts kicked saturday

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I hope Kevin McHale can notice this. Don't let the win cover up some bad issues. We only win a terrible team with Harden playing like MVP.

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Anyone know our record last year to this one?

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

One of our biggest problems is that we have a few of the best stealers in the league. Which sounds good right? But then you notice that they gamble on defense against some of the NBA's best and they get burned. Harden sometimes positions himself to get a steal, the problem is if you don't get the steal your man blows right by you.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

last year after game 42 the Rockets were 27-15 this year they are 29-13 -- they were on a better pace up until the last month where they hit that bad stride but even with that they are 2 games ahead of last years pace

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

We don't have another steady scorer except Harden.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

From what I remember last year we had a tad better health luck too.

10. i3artow i3aller

As easy as taking candy from a a baby (KD).
    i3eard proving to be the NBA's MVP & Scoring Champion. We're on to Golden State!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

yeah perhaps why the record was worse...we were better off playing reserves and sruubs than spoiled superstars...

12. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

how do you mean DMO is not a good offensive option?

I wish they feed DMO

Dmo is perhaps the most efficient scorer on this team...hes even more efficient than harden...the problem is they dont feed him the ball... and that mythical 'another playmaker' wont improve things... because when you dont play to your strengts no roster will help....

13. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

to stand in corner while Harden does his thing?

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm sure Harden wouldn't mind not be forced to go MVP for every win, even against crappy teams. He's shooting 38% from 3 this season, most of them defended well and not wide open. He could play off of Dragic/Lawson's drives and spot up for 3, something Ariza and Bev aren't capable of doing at the moment.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You are wrong, my man. Another playmaker would make life much easier for Harden (lesser possibilities of a double team) and for the other players (whenever Harden is off). Morey will get someone to help you in that department and the betting is that it will happen within 30 days. It is the infamous "soon". lol

16. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Right now the way to beat this team is the Portland strategy. Single team Howard and guard the three point line. Focus on James. Let Dwight score but shut everything else down. I'm not sure why more teams aren't doing it but the warriors did it.

The way to fix this is someone other than James that can penetrate.

17. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

its all only the theory... i have no doubts that in theory it could work...in theory we have a lot of talent to beat anybody yet we do not play to our strenghts...

i mean you have DMO who is an ultra efficient postup player... more fficient than harden in fact but if you dont give him the ball in the post that is if coach dont use him properly it wont help the team... so i am sure even if we had that mythical another playmaker his role would be to shoot 3s over the hands of defenders...or wait in the corner until ariza is playing iso or some other crap of mchale...

18. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

only in theory that sounds good...i am sure mchale woudnt use him in an efficient way...instead he would make him play a role which doesnt suit him nor harden...

19. MLRS

MLRS Contributing Member

So yesterday was the first time I got to walk around over by Section 106. Does anyone know if the Rockets always have a table set up taking donations for their charity? It's a pretty good deal...you can purchase mystery grab bag ($25, $50, $100) that contains Rocket merchandise. I decided to buy a $100 bag and received Rocket game used shorts and a player used practice jersey (Troy Daniels). My son was pretty excited about the Daniels jersey! Not bad ways to get a small tax write off for next year.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahaha so now Dmo is more efficient than Harden. I've done heard it all. I like Dmo's game but he is not the engine that makes this team run.