1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That's a band-aid suggestion.

2. TAB

TAB Member

No this is what happens when you face a deep team that comes to play.
    The end. You want to b**** about mchale or whatever that's fine, but do it in a legit way. This is a cop out. The warriors are a good team and you're crying because we lost. This isn't the playoffs. It's not a 7 game series. It's 1 regular season game. I'd love to say it was an "equally talented team" but damn their roster is stacked. More stacked then i thought it was to tell the truth. We are a piece or two away from being what they are. If MVP shows up maybe its a different game but idk.

3. JazzLakerHater

No question they're stacked, but it's not like the Rockets are some lottery team. This is a playoff team that's on pace for 55-58 wins in the Western Conference, and the Warriors just made us look like a bunch of scrubs. We should at least try to look competive against these guys.

And I still continue to be baffled at what Les and Morey see in McHale. They saw first hand tonight what a smart coaching change can do for a franchise.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No, I quite clearly explained why it wasn't about the loss but the way they lost. Read a bit more.

5. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

U r right! but where r the good coaches?

6. lr22

lr22 Member

Our weaknesses are ovbious: Ball movement, defence, and turnovers. At least 2 of them can be improved by legit coaching.
    I won't say fire McHale, because players look really love him, but I think we
    need to hire whoever can coordinate more fluid offense, to avoid to see McHale's incompetence anymore.

7. NotChandlerParsons

Playmaker implies we have plays to make.

1 person likes this.
  8. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

2014 Mchale > 2013 Mchale

9. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm not going to put all this game on McHale (Harden looks like he left his attention span at Treasures the night before), but I'll never be able to agree with you McHale apologists. If not for Morey's old Celtics loyalties, I don't know if McHale would have a job in the NBA.

You are right that this roster isn't complete.

11. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

kubiak flashbacks

12. archinkent

archinkent Member

The offense is fine for me, shots were just not falling tonight. It's the defense that is the problem. Players not running back, weak side not helping, lack of communications etc. It's down to Mchale to sort it out.

13. newAge_Rockets

The Warriors are better than us right now. In fact, they're better than everyone right now. They shoot better than any team I've ever seen, their defense is stifling, and they got depth out the wazoo. I would have loved to win this game, but we really have no chance if Harden doesn't play at an All Star level. And some nights, James just won't have it. Tonight was one of those rare nights.

14. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

The coaches and the players are to blame MOST of the time.

It was a bad loss but we lost to a good team - a beatable one but a good team. And no I'm not saying that the loss was ok. There were some adjustments that was not made or made late but the offense and defense overall was just not good. You can't expect to win with against a good team with subpar performance.

15. lr22

lr22 Member

umm, Rox's turnover ratio is 15.6, which is the third worst in the league. Also, their offensive efficiency (points scored per 100 possessions) is 103.4, which is the worst of West playoff teams. Looks not good at all for me.

16. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You have to think about the SYSTEM

3 and D does probably work in the regular season (but we struggle) but in the playoffs

You have to find more ways to score and not just screaming for Motiejunas to postup (too one sided too)

Long 2s all across the court, more backdoor passes, you have to invent more plays and force Harden to implement it on the court

Or sign Mo Williams or Jamal Crawfort to just score, score, score off the pine

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

As expected, a bunch of rheotoric and blanket statements. No specifics, just looking for a scapegoat.

Newsflash: All the "elite" coaches (Pop, Carlisle, Thibs , Hollins and Rivers) have worse records than us.

And if you think we have a more "talented" roster than Golden State, then you are dellussional. That is a deep and balanced team. Our team is deep, but not balanced at all.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

And the Rockets had a lead at one point. How is that bad coaching?

Curry finished with 27 points on 18 shots, that's hot.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You are so dense that you should probably just stop posting at this point.