1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tad Brown on TNT, Shaq and Barkley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 9, 2015.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Barkley was fine as a Rocket. It was worth the gamble. That's why I like Les as an owner. As for his permanent red ass against the Rockets, I don't care. Like Barkley said about talkshow hosts back in the day, he's just another village idiot braying like a donkey half the time. Sometimes he is entertaining, sometimes he's stupid, most of the time it doesn't matter to me.

2. TheresTheDagger

Gotta admit that Chris Webber was very complimentary of the Rockets tonight as the color guy.

And I finally heard Kenny Smith say the Rockets are a contender tonight because of the Josh Smith and Corey Brewer additions. He stated they were lacking a bench before that and because of the additions he considers them NBA title contenders.

Of course Chuck and Shaq disagreed. About as surprising as the sun rising in the east.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Laughable and downright moronic that both Chuck and Shaq completely disregarded the game tonight. They didn't even talk about the game, or how it was played. I don't even understand how objective fans can watch that and take anything meaningful from it. It's getting to be pretty pathetic watching them spew their ignorance with pride.

4. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I especially enjoyed the part where Shaq said Dwight was born right-handed and should stop using his left.

5. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

"Chris Webber....the color guy"

....smh mlk had a dream

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It's yawn-inducing at this point. The hate is thick (and so mind-numbingly predictable) -- and I'd bet Tad's interference only pushed them to hate harder. I do think it's kind of hilarious that they talk about Dwight like he's a complete bum in one breath & then criticize the team for not giving him more touches in the next.

Whatev.

1 person likes this.
  7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

According to Barkley we can't win a title with DH getting 17 and 11, but we can if he goes 20 and 12...

Yet GS, SA, Por, Dal, and OKC can win a title despite none of those teams C puts up DH numbers...

Also, they COMPLETELY ignore Dwights defensive dominance... What-the****-ever man!

8. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Chuck can be a moron but if we keep having games like the one last night, that's not something a championship contender does, having games like that against inferior competition.

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

The Chicago Bulls lost to an expansion team in their 72-win season.

LOSS #8 - At Toronto, the Bulls lost by one point; 109-108. Jordan was hot and put up 14/22 from the field and 8/8 from the line for 36 points, but little 5'10" Damon Stoudemire of the Raptors was also hot and the hapless Raptors surprised the Bulls. Kukoc had 23 on 10 of 19 shooting, as a starter, but Tracy Murray of the Raptors countered with 23 points of his own

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's not like Shaq is spending hours watching film and making those clips anyways.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Tad was on again this morning with the 790 crew.

Highlights:
    -Believes Dwight Howard is the best center in the world, at least arguable.
    -Dwight is protecting the rim at a rate on par with his best Orlando days
    -Both Tad and Morey have met with the members of the TNT crew about the issues. It's not going to change.
    -They give the TNT crew stats and facts to dispute some of their nonsense (Dwight can't shoot a hookshot with his left hand was mentioned specifically) but they just ignore them.
    -Again said Rockets are among the highest rating draws on TNT and said maybe some of the reason they attack the Rockets like this is because in a weird way it helps with ratings.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

At least Kenny gave some love to Harden...best one-on-one player in the NBA.

I love when the Rockets smash a good team and Barkley and Shaq don't say a word after the game. They just keep moving that goal post and when they can't move it anymore they pretend the Rockets didn't even play that night. We beat a full strength OKC team in a very convincing fashion after playing a game on the east cost the night before. I'm pretty sure Charles picked OKC as his favorite to win it all but he can't even give the Rockets some love for beating them? Whatever.

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Personally, I liked Ernie getting upset with Chuck because he was a) dominating discussion b) making idiot points and c) showing no objectivity

Ernie looked downright uncomfortable when Charles was whining about Dwight not hitting KG. Kenny even looked like he had enough about Charles bs.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Here is the TNT formula: if the Rockets have a horrible game, talk about it in great detail. If they win convincingly, say nothing. Just makes them look stupid. It is so obvious.

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I cried laughing lol

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Do we still care what they say though

17. marky :)

marky :) Member

No we don't, but it does get tiresome when they rag on the Rockets when they lose and say nothing when they win.

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

No, we should not.

19. sabesque

sabesque Member

Last night, after the Lakers game when they were showing the highlights of the Rockets game, Shaq was saying that the reason why he doesn't think the Rockets are a contenders is because "You saw 7 rockets highlights, 5 of them were James Harden." and that he's never seen a contender that relies on one-on-one ball. Barkley agreed with him.

All it takes is a quick glance at the box score to see that we had 6 guys in double figures last night (in addition to the beard dropping 35).

So, these guys aren't watching the games, they're not even looking at the box scores. His analysis was entirely influenced by the highlights that their video guys chose to string together.

And their video guys are not going to seek out the footage of Dwight changing a shot at the rim, or DMo making a hook shot on Kendrick Perkins. They're going to show our superstar crossing people and making step-backs.

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I recall that Kobe called Barkley as a big mouth fat "whoever" publically, then Barkley stopped to attack Kobe anymore. The Mavs owner also called Barkely publically, now he picked the Mavs to win all thing. If the rockets really want to stop the nonsense, then Howard, Harden need to call him out publically, otherwise, just ignore him.