1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey keeping close eyes to extension eligible deals that may go bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 23, 2014.

1. basketballholic

I'm not going to go back through all my predictions and point out all the things I've been right about. Sorry.

But yes, those 2 were a couple of my picks for MIP. Along with ............ Motie. That was first part of September mind you almost a month before training camp started. I did also tell this board late last season that Hassan Whiteside was ready to become a rotation player in the NBA and I did hope that we would sign him for the minimum salary deal that Miami is now paying him. It would have been a lot better for us than Joey Dorsey's deal. And Whiteside MAY turn out to be the MIP himself. How about that?

But that's enough right there. You've got search function. So you should be able to look all my post history and sort through it. I care not to convince you of my basketball knowledge base. Would rather talk basketball than me. If you can't figure out I know a little about what I'm talking about well.....no use me trying to convince you.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

So this is the type of insider information you get when you pay money to subscribe to his newsletter????

Step 1: State that you're not an insider but you have sources
    Step 2: Repeatedly make Rubio a player that Morey supposedly covets
    Step 3: Repeat step 2 every 2 months

2 people like this.
  3. basketballholic

That is one of, if not, the primary reasons for Morey's interest in Rubio. In case you guys haven't figured it out, one of this team's primary goals is to win the turnover battle, to flip that metric to a positive. That means having more takeaways than giveaways. If we are able to turn the opponent over more times than we turn it over then we win a significant battle in the war of possessions. Turnovers combined with boards. We want to win on the glass and in turnovers.

Rubio is right at the top of the league in terms of defensive touches. That is a metric that is hidden. Don't know where it can be found. But NBA teams have it in their back office. Defensive touches include steals, blocks, and tipped balls. The higher this stat, the more disruptive a defender is and the bigger affect he has on the +/- of the game. Rubio, when he has been healthy, is among the league leaders, if not the league leader, in defensive touches. Not only does he steal the ball, but he also tips many, many opponent passes out of bounds or deflects opponent passes in such a way that the opponent has to recover the ball and loses time on the shot clock leading to more hurried, contested looks. Rubio's defensive metrics are off the charts folks.

You guys that think that Morey is not interested in acquiring Rubio are way off. You have no idea what you're talking about. Rubio is a perfect fit in our system of winning the turnover and rebounding battles.

And we're not even talking about his playmaking. Just his defense.

4. marky :)

marky :) Member

If that is a hidden metric and you don't know where it can be found, how do you know he is good at that? :confused:

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Everytime you try to pat your own a#% at the thought that you somehow gave D-Mo your vote of confidence, and now he's doing great I think its best to remind everyone that You and CXbby were pretty loud and clear the entire season last year from Nov of 2013 till the end of the season that Jones AND D-Mo needed to traded ASAP because "they were losing their value", and how the Rockets should trade for Jason Smith and Derrick Williams because that was the answer.

Then it was this idea that you needed to play Asik and Howard together because that was the key to beating the Blazers and winning a title. Then LMA goes and blasts Dwight Howard the next game and gets Asik in foul trouble in the first 5 minutes.

Where was your D-Mo vote of confidence then? I thought you were leading the D-Mo bandwagon from the start?

You aren't F-Ing Nostradamus. You are the cheap 5 dollar psychic a few blocks off of Bourbon Street that tells drunk 19 year old girls "You will find Love in the next year". If you throw enough s#$% against the wall something is likely to stick.

#285 dobro1229, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
    5 people like this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

People in my Insider Group know what's really happening. Sorry, holic, your source is mistaken.

7. basketballholic

Aha!

Put 1 and 1 together. It will equal 2.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

basketballholic: (Think, Denzel Washington over-acting to get his Oscar-) MISS CLEO...AIN'T GOT NOTHIN'....ON ME!!

1 person likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. marky :)

It's a known fact that 1 + 1 = 2. Where are the facts for the things you've stated?

11. delishman

delishman Member

Waiting for Cyberx

12. basketballholic

If you can't figure it out....

13. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Yeah, let's stick a guy who can't shoot around dwight and James. Makes sense.

14. basketballholic

James shoots 45% on spot up 3's. Terry is probably around the same percentage. Dwight is probably around 90% on the pick and roll. Let's stick a truly great pick-and-roll point guard in-between Dwight and James and make it easy for them and jam our offensive efficiency to a whole nother level. ;)

15. marky :)

You're trying to pass speculation on as facts. I have no problem with people speculating about the rockets on any level because it's one of the main reasons I come here is to read about it.
    I asked where are the facts and you haven't produced any.

16. basketballholic

This is not speculation.

17. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

So no... you don't know what you're talking about...

18. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

So why not swipe Rondo? Surely they could float a better
    Offer than the Dallas garbage that Boston ended up trading away anyway

19. baubo

baubo Member

That statement is as relevant as saying

Morey negotiated extension with Harden in 2012 with the understanding that another team would be willing to pay Harden that contract.

20. basketballholic

Good question.

Because Rondo is a pending free agent. Just like Goran is.

Rubio is signed, sealed, and delivered.